• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

[WTB] [SoCal] JDS Atom, 2-output RCA switch, vintage CD player

mackat

Forum Donor
Hi,

I am looking for a few different things and thought I would post here to see if anyone has any of them.

1. JDS Labs Atom. This one is pretty self-explanatory, as I have an Element and would like to try out the Atom.

2. This is probably the hardest thing to find. I need an RCA switch with at least 3 inputs and 2 outputs, to switch between 3 devices and between a receiver and a headphone amp. The problem is that anything with more than 1 output seems to be very scarce, and is either beautiful and expensive or affordable but gives me reservations about the quality.

3. I am looking for a vintage CD player that has digital output of some type made in the mid 80's to early 90's, either with a Philips swing arm transport (Philips, Magnavox, Marantz, etc) or a mid-higher end Sony or other comparable brand.

I have not had any transactions here but have on head-fi under this username, as well as on eBay under bigfatcat4.

Thank you!
Ben

raindance

Major Contributor
Do you need a switch? What about using the REC OUT from your receiver? In a lot of cases, it is a passive output.

OP
M

mackat

Forum Donor
Do you need a switch? What about using the REC OUT from your receiver? In a lot of cases, it is a passive output.
Hmm, I didn‘t know that. I‘m using a Marantz 2275 that was made in 1976. Do you know if what you said applies to anything that old? I’ll have to try it.

OP
M

mackat

Forum Donor
You are indeed correct that the AUX input comes through the tape out when the receiver is powered off. :) Interesting! Unfortunately, the same doesn’t seem to be true of the two tape inputs, which are the only other line-level inputs on the receiver. :confused:

raindance

Major Contributor
On these older receivers there would be a dubbing selector for the tape connections - do you have that control?

Top Bottom