• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

WiiM Pro Streamer

ppierre

Hello,
Do you think the Wiim Pro will support replaygain / album-gain some day ?
Or do you know a DLNA implementation who do ?

OP
B

Brantome

Major Contributor
Hello,
I think if you use LMS and the upcoming Squeezelite firmware for Wiim, that might do that for you, but I’d wait till an LMS expert came along and confirmed that ;) ( @d6jg ? )

Blooze

I'm just starting to look into a streamer beyond my Pi4/Moode/IQAudio Hat Dac. I mainly use Itunes/Airplay because I get it with my phone subscription for $9/mo, but Moode gives me fits with Airplay and is inconsistant in its connection. Is the DAC on the Wiim Pro Plus decent, or would it still be better to get something like a Topping E50 to go with the Plus?

Last edited:

Apesbrain

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Hello,
If running LMS as a server, and the latest beta WiiM firmware, I believe ReplayGain is supported in "Squeezelite" mode.

Maybe someone who is using the WiiM in this configuration will confirm.

P.S. Lack of standardized RG support in DLNA is just one reason why DLNA is not the ideal streaming protocol.

Fulci

Hello! I just got a Wiim Pro but when I connect to my DAC through coax it only makes noise, even when not playing anything.
I can hear the sample test file play very low behind the noise in lower sample rates test.

I have no issues with optical out, everything plays perfectly. Also, the cable and the DAC work fine with other sources with coax.

Please let me know if I have to ask Amazon for a replacement.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Hello! I just got a Wiim Pro but when I connect to my DAC through coax it only makes noise, even when not playing anything.
I can hear the sample test file play very low behind the noise in lower sample rates test.

I have no issues with optical out, everything plays perfectly. Also, the cable and the DAC work fine with other sources with coax.

Post a picture of the back of the Wiim and the dac please.

DTTOM37

Some questions to get a bit closer to the source of your problem:
Are you on the latest firmware and app version?
a) can you exclude your DAC hasn't got a COAX in problem , for example with testing another COAX source ?
b) did you change the output of the WIIM Pro to coax output through the app (thats a 2nd setting called "Audio output", different from the bitrate settings called "Audio settings"), perhaps with a restart of the app/device ?
c) If you happen to have a TOSLINK/ COAX adapter, you could test it with all combinations, to and from ...
d) Are you connected via WiFi or Ethernet ? (edit)
Good luck

Last edited:

Grovkalle

a) can you exclude your DAC hasn't got a COAX in problem , for example with testing another COAX source ?
b) did you change the output of the WIIM Pro to coax output through the app (thats a 2nd setting called "Audio output", different from the bitrate settings called "Audio settings"), perhaps with a restart of the app/device ?
c) If you happen to have a TOSLINK/ COAX adapter, you could test it with all combinations, to and from ...
Good luck
I have recently experinced that the coax out have resulted in crackling noise.
Have not tested another source but it worked before the latest fw update. Could it be a fw problem on the coax out?

Fulci

d) Are you connected via WiFi or Ethernet ? (edit)
Good luck
Are you on the latest firmware and app version? Yes
a) can you exclude your DAC hasn't got a COAX in problem , for example with testing another COAX source ? Yes, it works perfectly fine with my cd player with the same cable
b) did you change the output of the WIIM Pro to coax output through the app (thats a 2nd setting called "Audio output", different from the bitrate settings called "Audio settings"), perhaps with a restart of the app/device ? Yes and did a reboot
c) If you happen to have a TOSLINK/ COAX adapter, you could test it with all combinations, to and from I don’t

Thanks for the reply. I sent a message to Wiim, let’s see what they say. I’ve read somewhere that some plugs don’t go until the end because the connector is recessed, I’ll try with an rca audio cable with a different plug and see if it’s different.

Fulci

I have recently experinced that the coax out have resulted in crackling noise.
Have not tested another source but it worked before the latest fw update. Could it be a fw problem on the coax out?
I can try to revert to a previous firmware, don’t know if it’s possible, but I’ll check it later. As long as tidal worlks, I’m fine…

Kegemusha

Hi, I just got my wiim pro today, I wanted to add a smb local network harddrive, that seems to be read on the WIIM windows SW, but on the app there is no way to add that harddrive. In the Sonos S1 older versions I could add this drive as music library.
The FLACS are on the /public/ folder , I have no issues with BubbleUpnp or samba player to read in this folder, but the WIIM app seems not be able to do so.
Or maybe I can use some DLNA software to make my music folder DLNA standard instead of smb?
Any hints on this?
Thanks

OP
B

Brantome

Major Contributor
Hi, I just got my wiim pro today, I wanted to add a smb local network harddrive, that seems to be read on the WIIM windows SW, but on the app there is no way to add that harddrive. In the Sonos S1 older versions I could add this drive as music library.
The FLACS are on the /public/ folder , I have no issues with BubbleUpnp or samba player to read in this folder, but the WIIM app seems not be able to do so.
Any hints on this?
Thanks
The WiiM mobile apps don’t yet support smb connected drives. You’ll need to use BubbleUPNP in the interim.

Kegemusha

Ok, thanks, I was suspecting that, but are there some softwares that will allow to convert a folder into a DLNA server?

OP
B

Brantome

Major Contributor
Ok, thanks, I was suspecting that, but are there some softwares that will allow to convert a folder into a DLNA server?
Folders aren’t converted by DLNA software - the software reacts to requests for files and sends them to a compatible player. You need something like Minimserver, AssetUPNP or even Kodi/Plex running on your NAS (if it supports such software) or on a server in your newtwork. Windows Media Sharing may also be capable of serving the files

Top Bottom