• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

WiiM Pro Plus Streamer Review

Rate this streamer/DAC:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 4 1.1%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 4 1.1%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 60 17.1%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 282 80.6%

• Total voters

staticV3

Master Contributor
Apologies for my utter ignorance, but maybe someone may clarify this for me.
I bought a umik-1 microphone in order to take measurements with REW.
Now my question is: can I use these measurements in my wiim pro plus? Is there a way to use it's PEQ and the (hopefully soon released) room correction based on measurements taken with REW?
How would that work?
Thanks im advance!
The WiiM cannot interface with REW measurements.

What you can do is:

-Use WiiM's automatic room correction where it uses your iPhone's or iPad's microphone to measure your in-room response to calculate optimal PEQ values

-Use your UMIK+REW to manually measure your in-room response, then either manually design your PEQ filters, or calculate them using REW or https://autoeq.app/.
Finally, copy the PEQ values over to the WiiM App manually.

Gambertuni

Forum Donor
The WiiM cannot interface with REW measurements.

What you can do is:

-Use WiiM's automatic room correction where it uses your iPhone's or iPad's microphone to measure your in-room response to calculate optimal PEQ values

-Use your UMIK+REW to manually measure your in-room response, then either manually design your PEQ filters, or calculate them using REW or https://autoeq.app/.
Finally, copy the PEQ values over to the WiiM App manually.
Thank you very much! :)

Mnyb

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Any news on when the 10 band PEQ is due for WiiM Pro + :) It's in the beta so its on its merry way .

Btw how do i sign up for beta ?

tom_tom

Excellent , people at ASR knows everything :)
I may mislead You. I've applied some time ago but today while read forum I've found out that there are new websites.
Info from: https://forum.wiimhome.com/threads/open-beta-testing-opportunities.3476/

Open Beta Testing Opportunities

If you'd to beta test new features coming out, please create an account on Centercode (click the links below), our beta community platform and share your MAC address with us and we'll share the beta firmware with you. As a beta tester, please share any feedback you have to improve the features for the WiiM Community.

Open to WiiM Pro, WiiM Pro Plus, WiiM Amp users:
Room Correction
10 band-PEQ

Thanks!
WiiM Team

Mnyb

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

audioje

Screenshot_20240510_180212.jpg
10 bands peq is so far so good! I can't talk about room correction as an android user. However, Wiim just announced today that the app will take an external usb mic for RC soon. I assume something like Dayton IMM-6c but that's my guess.

Mnyb

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Thankyou :) this worked out i enrolled lets see what happens , if they accept me and sends out the firmware
No firmware yet .

But the player has two MAC id's one for wifi and one for ethernet ?

And should one leave the : in the string or just remove the :

Laserjock

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Highlights
  • Premium 32-bit/384kHz ES9038 Q2M SABRE DAC, and high fidelity headphone amplifier TPA6120A2
  • Latest Wi-Fi 6E and BT 5.3 with two antennas offering rock-solid Bluetooth or Wi-Fi audio streaming
  • Elegant aluminum case with 3.5” vibrant touchscreen display covered with glass
  • Built-in room correction takes precise acoustic measurements of your room, creating customized corrections for your speaker and subwoofer.
  • Stream Hi-Res music with the bit-perfect digital output or high-fidelity analog audio (SNR>120dB, THD+N<0.00018%)
  • Versatile streaming options including Spotify Connect, TIDAL Connect, AirPlay 2, Google Chromecast Audio (CastLite), Alexa built-in, DLNA, Roon, and Squeezelite.
  • Gapless playback of Hi-Res music up to 24-bit/192 kHz using USB, SPDIF, Coax, Line, and Headphone output.
Tech Specs
  • Audio input
    • Bring your TV audio, recorder player, CD player, or another audio source into the digital world via either analog (RCA, Phono) or digital (Optical, HDMI ARC) port, up to 24-bit/192 kHz
  • Audio output
    • Through either analog (RCA, Headphone) or digital (Coax, Optical, USB) for connecting an amplifier or speaker
    • Wireless to another BT, AirPlay or DLNA receiver
    • Up to 192 kHz/ 24-bit, varying sample rate, and bit depth based on the audio source without resampling via Line out, Headphone, USB Coax, and Optical SPDIF
    • Line out
      • Maximum output: 2.1V RMS
      • SNR: 121 dB (A-wt)
      • THD+N (1 kHz): 0.00018% (-115 dB) for 44.1k to 192k
      • FR curve: +/- 0.05 dB
  • EQ
    • Tailor your audio experience with versatile and independent EQ settings for each input source – HDMI, Optical, Line, Phono, BT, or Network.
    • Access a robust suite of sound customization options, including 24 preset EQ settings, a 10-band graphic EQ, and an 10-band parametric EQ for precise sound adjustments.
  • Subwoofer output
    • Comprehensive bass management.
    • Adjustable crossover frequency, level, phase, and latency.
  • 12 V Trigger
    • Automatically turns on your stereo receiver or amplifir
  • Connectivity and power
    • 100-240V AC input.
    • Wi-Fi 6E, 802.11 b/g/n/ax 2.4 GHz, 5 GHz, and 6 GHz triple bands.
    • Bluetooth 5.3 with BLE and BT LE Audio, supports both A2DP receiver and transmitter, AVRCP, HID, works with the WiiM voice remote.
    • Ethernet, 10M/100 Mbps.
  • USB Host for Storage – Access personal media library and use it as a media server for other WiiM and DLNA devices
  • Glass-covered 3.5” vibrant touchscreen display:
    • Displays App widgets, large album pictures, playback control, playing queue, presets, EQ, audio input and output, and device settings
    • Guides users through the Out-of-Box Experience and firmware updates
    • Provides feedback when there’s a change in the play mode
    • Allows users to customize the wallpaper and display the time and date during standby mode
  • Physical
    • Dimensions: 8.1 x 8.1 x 2.9 inches (205 x 205 x 73 mm)
    • Weight: 2.9 pounds (1.3 kg)
    • LED: 4 Color RGBW LED indicates the device status
    • LCD touch screen: 3.5”
    • Volume knob: Adjust volume and play/pause button with glass cover.
WiiM Ultra Presale Crutchfield

ktm125

I have Wiim Pro Plus and my PC wired to the same home network.
On the PC I don't see WiiM under sound.
WiiM doesn't show up as an option on PC Tidal app either.

staticV3

Master Contributor
I have Wiim Pro Plus and my PC wired to the same home network.
On the PC I don't see WiiM under sound.
WiiM doesn't show up as an option on PC Tidal app either.
It's not supposed to show up under sound.

In the Tidal App though, you should be able to cast to it.

Have you already setup the WiiM with the WiiM App? Did you connect your Tidal account there?

Last edited:

ktm125

It's not supposed to show up under sound.

In the Tidal App though, you should be able to cast to it.

Have you already setup the WiiM with the WiiM App? Did you connect your Tidal account there?
thanks, had to connect Tidal account to WiiM. Works now.
Is there anyway to control the volume thru the PC?
I can only control the volume thru WiiM or using the volume control in Tidal.
Want to use the volume control on my keyboard.

staticV3

Master Contributor
thanks, had to connect Tidal account to WiiM. Works now.
Is there anyway to control the volume thru the PC?
I can only control the volume thru WiiM or using the volume control in Tidal.
Want to use the volume control on my keyboard.
I don't think it's possible to control the volume via your keyboard, while casting music from the Tidal App.

tjf

Just updated my Pro Plus to latest firmware and android app - Now I have 10 band PEQ (Yay!)

Sadly, no HPF or LPF functions, and boost/cut still limited to +/- 12db (Boo!)
-- Oh well....

It's hard to mimic a HPF (I like to use a 20 to 30 Hz High Pass @ like -16db to -20db on some of my 'phones for better bass boost headroom) and using a "High Shelf" (HS) on the Wiim app and cutting the shelf to -12 db isn't ideal -- but it's better than nothing -- and Wiim counts on the "better than nothing" feeling amongst their users....

But, then again I'm criticizing a $220 product...

Too bad the Ultra will have the same PEQ limitations in it's DSP suite....

Yorkshire Mouth

Major Contributor
Just updated my Pro Plus to latest firmware and android app - Now I have 10 band PEQ (Yay!)

-- Oh well....

It's hard to mimic a HPF (I like to use a 20 to 30 Hz High Pass @ like -16db to -20db on some of my 'phones for better bass boost headroom) and using a "High Shelf" (HS) on the Wiim app and cutting the shelf to -12 db isn't ideal -- but it's better than nothing -- and Wiim counts on the "better than nothing" feeling amongst their users....

The Ultra will have full bass management, enabling you to set a crossover between the main RCA outs and the sub out, with a HP filter enduring only higher frequencies are sent to the mains, and lower frequencies to the sub.

tjf

The Ultra will have full bass management, enabling you to set a crossover between the main RCA outs and the sub out, with a HP filter enduring only higher frequencies are sent to the mains, and lower frequencies to the sub.
Hi - should have been clearer about my use case for HPF and LPF -- not related to the bass mgmt./xover/sub out capabilities of the Ultra -- rather a "global" PEQ HPF/LPF for headphone use (or full range speaker use) using the main L/R analog outputs to my headphone amp & phones...

Now - about the bass mgmt HPF/LPF xover function -- it'll still be limited to 12db slopes I assume?

staticV3

Master Contributor
Hi - should have been clearer about my use case for HPF and LPF -- not related to the bass mgmt./xover/sub out capabilities of the Ultra -- rather a "global" PEQ HPF/LPF for headphone use (or full range speaker use) using the main L/R analog outputs to my headphone amp & phones...
You can set up a crossover without using the Sub out. The main L/R analog outputs will be high-passed regardless.

Now - about the bass mgmt HPF/LPF xover function -- it'll still be limited to 12db slopes I assume?
For now, yes.

WiiM recently expanded their bass management to include phase, level, and delay control. I wouldn't be surprised if slope control gets added via FW update later on.

totti1965

-- Oh well....

You can choose High Pass or Low Pass functionality by tipping on the button where PK (or just off) is the standard setting. At least it works perfectly with the WiiM Pro Plus. You can choose HP or LP for any filter! It’s quite cool!

Ovo23

I have only used the 10 bands eq for headphones and I can confirm the result is very good, I will wait for their room correction function before doing any eq to the speaker. Finally, a manufacturer who puts effort into software and squeezes every single potential out of the hardware rather than brainless entangle with the big transformer, capacitor, or signal-shielded case...

Top Bottom