• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

which would you prefer for video games out of the following?

zaraki

high quality 2.1 nearfield set up or high quality headphone set up with spatial audio.

what sounds/feels more immersive of the two options? like feeling your in the game world for example maybe

i have tried both and enjoy both greatly. i do think the spatial audio with headphones adds something very unique that the 2.1 does not seem to capture like with directional audio, especially with height for example

what is your take on this?

ill keep testing and use both as both are very fun and unique from each other.

Tell

For competitive gaming headphones will probably give you an edge, but otherwise I always vote for speakers. It just sounds so much bigger than a pair of headphones ever could.

dweeeeb2

yep, headphones for spacial cues. I actually found iems to be great with spacial audio. For my circumstances headphones are invaluable for blocking out noise and minimizing the impact of gaming noise on the family.
Speakers for the more comfortable experience however.

OP
zaraki

zaraki

For competitive gaming headphones will probably give you an edge, but otherwise I always vote for speakers. It just sounds so much bigger than a pair of headphones ever could.
yep, headphones for spacial cues. I actually found iems to be great with spacial audio. For my circumstances headphones are invaluable for blocking out noise and minimizing the impact of gaming noise on the family.
Speakers for the more comfortable experience however.

thanks, i agree the speakers sound bigger.

but with the spatial audio for headphones, it feels more like i am in the world and i am at the center with everything surrounding me, for example in cyperpunk it was verry impressive when the flying cars fly above and around you while walking in the city

my avr can do atmos though, ill test the same scene with atmos enabled with my speakers and see if the height stuff stands out as much as the headphones did

but like i said i like both a lot and will be using both

DJNX

4.1 or 5.1 setup with quality satellites, all the way (for non-competitive).

Top Bottom