• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

When is it OK to post links to Youtube reviewers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

flz

Just wondering and would like to hear from the moderators. When is it OK to post links to those subjective reviewers on Youtube? And when is it NOT OK?

I posted one on a Youtube reviewer who "sold all his Chinese DACs" and that thread got locked and the link erased. Many other postings to Youtube subjective reviewers seem to be accepted. Just would like to know what's allowed and what's not.

AdamG

Helping stretch the audiophile budget…
Forum Donor
Case by case basis. We have no written in stone rules in this regard.

Our Philosophy for existing:

We come here to discuss and analyze data and actual test results. Many if not most come here to get away from the endless Subjective B.S. that is the basis of most YouTube videos. Many of these Subjectivst YouTubers make money doing endorsed or monetized commercials disguised as Reviews. They get paid by the manufacturer of the gear they review and get paid for every hit to their vids. Driving traffic to this business model flys in opposition to what our Goals and Objectives of this Site, it’s Founder and our Membership.

We in general do not find Subjective reviews informative or of any value. So if you must post them. They need to be very relevant to the current discussion and debate or they may get deleted. Some members in the past have tried to use ASR as a means to drive traffic to their site. If their site contains links to commercial ads this is a practice that Amir frowns upon.

I hope this helps clarify, at least in a general way, our culture here. We want scientific/Engineering Data and Facts with no connection to commercial interests or the very appearance of a relationship with any manufacturer.

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
Case by case basis. We have no written in stone rules in this regard.

Our Philosophy for existing:

We come here to discuss and analyze data and actual test results. Many if not most come here to get away from the endless Subjective B.S. that is the basis of most YouTube videos. Many of these Subjectivst YouTubers make money doing endorsed or monetized commercials disguised as Reviews. They get paid by the manufacturer of the gear they review and get paid for every hit to their vids. Driving traffic to this business model flys in opposition to what our Goals and Objectives of this Site, it’s Founder and our Membership.

We in general do not find Subjective reviews informative or of any value. So if you must post them. They need to be very relevant to the current discussion and debate or they may get deleted. Some members in the past have tried to use ASR as a means to drive traffic to their site. If their site contains links to commercial ads this is a practice that Amir frowns upon.

I hope this helps clarify, at least in a general way, our culture here. We want scientific/Engineering Data and Facts with no connection to commercial interests or the very appearance of a relationship with any manufacturer.
Serious question: I get paid for reviews in AudioXpress. The magazine gets most of its its revenue from ads. Now, I have said repeatedly that they have never, ever censored me nor pulled my content because of a manufacturer complaint, and they never, ever "suggested" how a review should go. So my links to them, which are frequent, run afoul of your stated criteria since I am "driving traffic to their site" and "their site contains links to commercial ads." I understand the spirit of the idea, and I try to stick to data, engineering, and science, but nonetheless, there IS a commercial interest involved.

Can we cut through that conundrum?

AdamG

Helping stretch the audiophile budget…
Forum Donor
Serious question: I get paid for reviews in AudioXpress. The magazine gets most of its its revenue from ads. Now, I have said repeatedly that they have never, ever censored me nor pulled my content because of a manufacturer complaint, and they never, ever "suggested" how a review should go. So my links to them, which are frequent, run afoul of your stated criteria since I am "driving traffic to their site" and "their site contains links to commercial ads." I understand the spirit of the idea, and I try to stick to data, engineering, and science, but nonetheless, there IS a commercial interest involved.

Can we cut through that conundrum?
Case by case. You have been given a Technical Expert Badge and are an established Senior Member. Therefore you have earned the privilege to post such links. You are considered a Trusted Source.

I am speaking from my understanding of Amir’s intentions. If I am mistaken Amir will make the final decision and possibly post a correction to this explanation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom