• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

[Video] Speaker measurements by Danny Richie

OP
maty

maty

Major Contributor
@amirm

As I have commented many times, I have the W10 very optimized for multimedia. After the improvement of the crossover components I have been able to optimize better. Yesterday, so satisfied I was with the sound achieved, I decided to create a copy image of the partition.

In YouTube comments many people appreciate it, even with the laptop speakers.

OP
maty

maty

Major Contributor
Before of the changes:

Old picture

KEF-Q100-crossover-styroflex-bypass.jpg

Woofer wires -> Würth 150 kHz ferrita -> more bass and better. Why? I do not have an explanation? We both appreciate the change immediately. I try to have the same person with me to verify the differences. Both did not find an engineering / scientific explanation, it is ilogical but...

I opened a thread: https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/mul...rf-ferrite-wires-10nf-polystyrene-bypass.html until without a credible explanation.

OP
maty

maty

Major Contributor
Unlike many, I like to check things for myself and more when they go against or are not in line with my academic knowledge about it.

So far everything Danny Richie says I have been able to verify. Many others just give their opinion without testing before. Costing so little money not to do it before commenting... How it starts showing off speaker and room measurements without having read Floyd Toole's famous book.

Last edited:

jtwrace

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Unlike many, I like to check things for myself and more when they go against or are not in line with my academic knowledge about it.

So far everything Danny Richie says I have been able to verify. Many others just give their opinion without testing before. Costing so little money not to do it before commenting... How it starts showing off speaker and room measurements without having read Floyd Toole's famous book.
So I'd like to know how you have tested the Tube Connectors.

D

Deleted member 2944

You might be forgetting the fact that I actually tested/auditioned this pair of Behringer speakers. So, using your premise, my opinion is valid here and yours is not. :)

Regardless, there is another variable here that might be overlooked. (And just mentioned by jtwrace.)
The Behringer speakers were modified such that the "high-quality" crossover emerged from the box via the tube connectors and the original via the banana jacks. This necessitated a different/separate set of speaker cables to interface with the tube connectors. Danny supplied those cables with the speakers, but (obviously) when you A/B'd the original crossover with the "high-quality" crossover you were using different speaker cables. I measured the LCR of those cables, and they were different than my normal cables.
Much depends upon the power amplifier used as to whether it was a significant variable. For auditioners that used a power amp that was near a voltage-source, it probably wasn't significant.
Of note here is that Danny Richie uses amplifiers that are most definitely not voltage sources. At the time I believe he was using some sort of expensive Dodd Audio tube power amplifier with significant output resistance.

Just one of the many things to consider here. :)

Dave.

OP
maty

maty

Major Contributor
I improved the contacts of the wires with the binding posts in my coaxial and I noticed a big difference. I did not just clean them.

I did the same with the big loudspeakers and an additional improvement. A few days later, the person who is with me when I do the hard tests noticed a great improvement in my first system, with the television sound via DTT, without having told him anything he said it!

jtwrace

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I improved the contacts of the wires with the binding posts in my coaxial and I noticed a big difference. I did not just clean them.

I did the same with the big loudspeakers and an additional improvement. A few days later, the person who is with me when I do the hard tests noticed a great improvement in my first system, with the television sound via DTT, without having told him anything he said it!
That's NOT testing.

D

Deleted member 2944

Other than costing Amir more money for photo storage, I have no idea what that posts is for.
He doesn't even know what speakers he's listening to. Those in the photographs are B2031P, not B2030P.
Maty's posts are tiring to (attempt to) digest/understand......which is why so many people just ignore him now.

Dave.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
In YouTube comments many people appreciate it, even with the laptop speakers.
In Youtube more people are confused about how to such tests properly. I suggested how to do it. Did you not follow? Also, some people in youtube said A was better. And that was my reaction before doing a quick AB test.

OP
maty

maty

Major Contributor
I thought they were the big ones but in the name of the files the little ones appear. andreu-behringer-2030p-sala-delante-jpg

With the second clip it is very easy. I know of a well-known diyer, whom I notified, who detected it yesterday from his Phone+headphones. A while ago he confirmed it to me after testing with one of his DIY equipment.
That’s listening with Bluetooth earbuds from my phone on a bus...

OP
maty

maty

Major Contributor
@amirm

You could contact Danny Richie to send the loudspeakers (or only one) for you to measure, with the two crossovers. Incidentally, the resistances of the inductors and electrolytics. And if you have a good pair of microphones, record it.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
@amirm

You could contact Danny Richie to send the loudspeakers (or only one) for you to measure, with the two crossovers. Incidentally, the resistances of the inductors and electrolytics. And if you have a good pair of microphones, record it.
Or you could contact him and ask him to do that.

jtwrace

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
@amirm

Or you can request that Ron Brenay of New Record Day send a (one) GR speaker since he has the whole collection and is clearly the marketing dept for him.

Last edited:
OP
maty

maty

Major Contributor
I prefer to stay out. I do not need any additional measurement or clip of these modded studio monitors. Now I am only interested in amplification because it would be stupid to change the big speakers or to spend much? money to improve the crossover if I can not enjoy them.

jtwrace

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I prefer to stay out. I do not need any additional measurement or clip of these modded studio monitors.
Please do

OP
maty

maty

Major Contributor
Very good recording sound! Of course, without YouTube sound / video compression it would sound better. LIVE must be amazing!!!

YouTube GR-Research NX-Studio, NX-Otica and NX-Treme Sound Clips

by Kang Ming YONG

NX-Studio > NX-Otica > NX-Treme
Song 1 --> 0:00 2:12 4:24
Song 2 --> 0:51 3:04 5:16
Song 3 --> 1:24 3:37 5:50

Recording by Ron Brenan (New Record Day) with his audio "arsenal"
https://www.youtube.com/post/UgxqOemUxaI7A8knbR54AaABCQ

[Big IMG, link] https://yt3.ggpht.com/YNLXlKZebXYj0...x261zWiLbolLlt_T6EhA8jwlOJdbvdZVqZowIvo=s1600

Last edited:
OP
maty

maty

Major Contributor
NX-Studio crossover graph

NX-Studio-crossover-graph.png

NX-Otica crossover graph
from the YouTube video

NX-Otica-crossover-graph-from-youtube.png

NX-Treme crossover graph

NX-Treme-crossover-graph.png

Clearly NX-Treme has the better crossover graph. By the way, getting those graphics with open baffle should not be easy. Adding more identical woofer drivers will make it easier to get it, I say.

Top Bottom