• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

"There's endless choice, but you're not really listening" Guardian article

sergeauckland

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
That makes no sense to me. What algorithms? Spotify is just a library, I can choose what I want to listen to, I don't need Spotify to tell me. I have no more difficulty finding something to listen to on Spotify than I do with my CD or LP collection.

If I'm not in the mood for anything specific, Spotify can be used as a radio station, just as Venice Classic or Radio Paradise, or indeed BBC Radio 3.

S

MCH

Major Contributor
To me, they are explaining the difference between listen to a vinyl record vs anything else.
Now, the luxury of finding and listening to almost any album you don't have but know about, or read about, or just crosses your mind.... I don't see why both things need not be compatible. I'll keep my records and my subscription for now :D

Top Bottom