• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

The World's Greatest Ear

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Maybe, maybe not, but...

I wish I had a skill.

Anything would do, really.

Last edited:
OP
RayDunzl

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
This explains it:

NorthSky

Major Contributor
Canada West Coast/Vancouver Island/Victoria area
Wow!

fas42

Major Contributor
I wish I had a skill.

Anything would do, really.
How about, making witty posts ... if you really, really, really try I'm sure it can happen ....

OP
RayDunzl

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
I'll keep working on it...

OP
RayDunzl

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Pretty remarkable. But like Michael, I wonder what was left behind as this area of his brain was being developed. Or put inversely, are all of us a lot more stupid because we didn't have this training?

I spent that part of childhood messing with audio electronics. I learned to try to troubleshoot them, and figure out what schematics of electronics did. Did I develop a skill that this child does not? Or did I not use my brain enough?

dallasjustice

Major Contributor
My wife is a pediatrician and she tells me stories about über gifted kids. I think it is pretty common for them to have troubles socializing. It's probably because they don't identify with other kids their age. Maybe it's a trade off and it's worth it to be so gifted at a young age. I don't really know. My kids don't have that problem. o_O

NorthSky

Major Contributor
Canada West Coast/Vancouver Island/Victoria area
As long that he can interact with other people, has a decent job, retired in peace, has enough to survive, is passionate about life...Facebook, the Internet, loves music and movies, is smart enough to see the world clearly, understands its dynamics and economics, is aware of the various prejudices and classes, inequality, breakdown of our systems of true values...like honor, respect, honesty, helpfulness, love, compassion, education, giving the opportunity, all that jazz, and not be influenced by the dark forces, stay healthy, go to the olympics and compete, participate, give his best, eat fresh, stay in the better neighborhoods (sanity of the body and mind), play hard, go to strip joints, stay away from drugs, cigarettes and alcohol, hang with the good people...scientists and audiophiles...he should be just fine and find immortality. Oh, and go to Rio carnival.

TBone

Major Contributor
My advice for the really cool kid, if he ever decides to buy a turntable; make certain it's a direct drive.

Top Bottom