• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

SMSL SU-1 Arrived From Australia

Platypus20

Forum Donor
The SMSL SU-1 DAC arrived today, from the ASR member in Australia Thank You), arrived today. It was packaged perfectly, and arrive in perfect condition. I’m now using it with the DVD/CD player I used before my Cambridge CXC v2 arrived. I’ve been playing cds for a couple of hours (currently Rick Derringer, Tim Bogert and Carmine Appice, in the short lived power trio DBA). I’m going to use it for a week or 2, then if all is okay, take it out to the daughters and reclaim the Benchmark DAC 1, I lent her after the first first SMSL SU-1 died. So far so good

OP
Platypus20

Platypus20

Forum Donor
Apparently my first post jinxed it, after about 5 hrs, the left channel stopped working. Checked both coaxial and optical, no sound out of the left channel. A friend’s kid is an electronic tech for a telecommunication company, he will pick it up and look into it to see if it’s possible to fix it.

Top Bottom