• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Silo (TV series)

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I'm enjoying this show so much! Haven't seen this week's episode yet. Not sure if it's the finale or next week is the finale.
If I didn't lose count this is episode 8 and there will be 10. Or I guess tonight's episode is 9 so one more next week.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Okay, I've seen the season finale. It is excellent. This whole season has been excellent, and it all built up to more than I expected in this finale for season 1. My only regret is having to wait for season 2 which is wide open.

sigbergaudio

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
It always blows my mind to find out some actors that sound perfectly American are actually British!
(Thanks for posting that)

Well, she's not British, she's Swedish. :)

OP
Matias

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Okay, I've seen the season finale. It is excellent. This whole season has been excellent, and it all built up to more than I expected in this finale for season 1. My only regret is having to wait for season 2 which is wide open.
There are always the books if you want. In fact I highly recommend them. All 3 ebooks were on sale on Amazon for 10 usd before the season started.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
All the way through I was thinking "Where do these people get their vitamin D?"
Didn't you see the cows? Man it is from the milk. (yeah I know milk is 'fortified"). Maybe they have vitamins and it never came up.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
There are always the books if you want. In fact I highly recommend them. All 3 ebooks were on sale on Amazon for 10 usd before the season started.
I've thought about the books, but then it would ruin the TV show for next season would it not?

OP
Matias

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Reactions: mkt
OP
Matias

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I've thought about the books, but then it would ruin the TV show for next season would it not?
Yes, it would spoil the main story. But having read the books (and forgotten several details) it is still rewarding to watch the TV series and watch what we imagined coming to life, and also trying to find the differences. So far the series covered the first half of the first book out of 3, so we are talking several years until everything is released as a TV series. It is up to you to decide if you would like to wait or satisfy the curiosity and just read them right away. :)

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Yes, it would spoil the main story. But having read the books (and forgotten several details) it is still rewarding to watch the TV series and watch what we imagined coming to life, and also trying to find the differences. So far the series covered the first half of the first book out of 3, so we are talking several years until everything is released as a TV series. It is up to you to decide if you would like to wait or satisfy the curiosity and just read them right away. :)
It's tempting for sure. Usually good books are better than tv shows or movies.

Snoopy

Major Contributor
It's tempting for sure. Usually good books are better than tv shows or movies.

I will get the kindle collection with all 3 books once I finish another book. It's only like 8-9 euro. I did read already the sample chapter on Amazon and it's really well written.

Foundation is another apple TV show where it's worthwhile to read the books as well.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I will get the kindle collection with all 3 books once I finish another book. It's only like 8-9 euro. I did read already the sample chapter on Amazon and it's really well written.

Foundation is another apple TV show where it's worthwhile to read the books as well.
I stopped watching Foundation after season one. They departed significantly from the books partway through episode two. The difference was pointless and detrimental. By end of season one it was so far astray it had only a passing resemblance. What a waste of talent, money and literature when all they had to do was stick close to the plot in the book.

MachOne

I tried the first episode and gave it away. I am cursed with an eye for detail and the CG and set/props budget kept jumping out at me. The acting was overly dramatic too. A shame, I was keen to get into it.

ExPerfectionist

I tried the first episode and gave it away. I am cursed with an eye for detail and the CG and set/props budget kept jumping out at me. The acting was overly dramatic too. A shame, I was keen to get into it.
I'm curious what felt so off to you.

The show is supposed to be an alternate reality/future where people have been stuck in the silo for 150~200 years.

Top Bottom