• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Show us your Motorcycle

Chr1

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I've not ridden my bike (bike #6) in a long while now.

2002 GSF1200S

SUZUKI-GSF1200S-Bandit-6100_1.jpg

Get my jollies with my glider now.

View attachment 350432

Much less traffic, no speed limit that I can exceed, can ride without a helmet, can ride with others (that's how the picture came about), and I find it very sporty.

Nice one there Ray. Looks amazing. Bet it's a buzz.... Would love to give it a go sometime.

Best of both worlds... Sky and land...

PS You forgot to mention : Burns way less fuel, so greener too!

Last edited:

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
During a recent early spring-cleaning, I found the following notes from an article in Motorcyclist magazine (Nov.1991 issue); that are relevant to this thread as well as to ASR members, as a whole:

When we are exposed to loud noises:
  • Our blood-pressure increases
  • Our heart-rate and pressure increase
  • Our breathing increases
  • Our muscles tense-up
  • Our perspiration increases
  • Our blood vessels constrict
  • Cholesterol levels increase in our hearts
  • Triglyceride levels increase in our hearts
  • Our hormonal activity steps-up
  • Hormones are released into our bloodstream
  • Our stomach increases acid secretions
  • Our reproductive system whacks-out as if on alcohol; increased sexual-drive but decreased potency
  • Our immune system whacks-out by changing white blood-cells and gamma-globulin levels.
  • Adrenaline levels increase to constrict our ears' blood-supply; while diverting our supply to our arms, legs and our heart.
I trust my notes but you are welcome to search for the above referenced article for confirmation, to verify accuracy in the 21st Century.
202403_EarPlugsLeight.jpg
<< one of motorcyclists' best buddies.;)

MGJ

I occasionally miss my VTX1300R also. I now ride a Honda NC 750X DCT and a Can Am Spyder F3 Limited.

v1.JPG
v2.JPG

HoweSound

1970 Norton Commando with easy rider inspired paint job. One more thing I should have hung onto...

Attachments

• norton0003.JPG
    norton0003.JPG
    139.8 KB · Views: 20
  • norton10005.JPG
    norton10005.JPG
    199.3 KB · Views: 22
Top Bottom