• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Selling my KRK VXT8, need your advice

AwesomeSauce2015

Not sure whether the Kalis would be my faves in this relatively nearfield application with a decent budget. They are a fantastic value, of course, but being a coax the treble has a few more eccentricities to offer than some more traditional designs.
Valid point, I would encourage OP to look at the measurements / review of them. However, according to Kali, those treble eccentricities are due to the measurement method and the way it measures the coax driver. They can mostly be tamed by putting the speakers slightly (5-10deg) off axis, according to Kali (IIRC).
But yes, the Genelecs and Neumanns are a more refined design, but they are also more expensive...

OP
A

alfaholiq

Thank you all. I listened IN8, LP8, LP6, (all 3 with their 6.2 sub), A7V, and purchased IN8. There is no store with the KH120 II available so I never had a chance to hear it, the same with the Genelec 8030, no one had it. Not sure how they compare with the 8050 which I used a lot in the past and never liked the high frequency harshness, but it was more than 10 years ago so it may be my ignorance.

After hearing any of those Kali monitors, Adam A7V went out of any consideration. I could give some subjective and arbitrary words to describe it, but better not as I did not measure it. But it is the ribbon mostly.
Then the Kali, LP6 was almost the best when it comes to neutrality, and with this 6.2 sub they worked very well, not sure if this was a better option actually. IN8 has 5-8K region a bit pronounced, but manageable.

For now I took only the monitors and in my room I get flat to 40hz and -6db 35hz, a lot of help from my bad room acoustics. It is at the limit for my usage case so maybe the sub or two will follow.
When it comes to the price, as I said earlier, I could afford much more expensive setup, but I really did not want to go crazy and the point of this atelier is to keep it simple but effective.
Thank you all, I learned a lot.