• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Studio Monitors for now until the end

OP
P

pr0de

Seems you don't understand the function of MA 1. It helps you to adjust the speakers to the acoustic of your room.
https://www.neumann.com/en-en/products/monitor-accessories/ma-1/

Don't know where you are located. In Europe you can get a pair of Neumann KH120 II with MA-1 for 1700€.
https://geizhals.eu/neumann-kh-120-ii-schwarz-a2928476.html
  • Neumann KH120 II: 1434€ a pair
  • Neumann MA 1: 258€
Amir has tested this speaker here too. Another review in Sound&Recording (unfortunetely in German)
https://www.soundandrecording.de/equipment/neumann-kh-120-ii-2-wege-nahfeldmonitor-im-test/
Yes I live in France, I found the KH120II & MA1 for 1900€ but maybe I should look better...

I really understand the function of the MA1 don't worry, I found just a bit tricky and not really fair from Neumann to sell the MA1 separately because if you want to have all the benefit of the DSP in the KH120II you need one...it's just a matter of fairness when you see that in the KRK R7 G4 which is more than the triple less expensive you have a room correction integrated.

I didn't understand anything from the German, quite a shame because it's seem better prices over there..

You can learn to mix on any set of speakers, it just takes time and a lot of reference mix listening time.
There are many good monitors that are a lot less expensive than the ones you listed.

Room treatment is much more important than the brand of monitors, so you might want to use a fair percentage of your budget getting your room ready for accurate mixing.
Yes I agree, and except composing for the last decades it's all that I did, but I'd like know to mix/master to distribute my songs.
Which monitors do you have in mind?

JayGilb

Major Contributor
Which monitors do you have in mind?
None, just expressing my opinion that you do not need to spend a lot to get the job done.
I personally use a pair of Event TR8s that I purchased used and they have worked well for me .
I use a Dayton 12" powered sub for low end, but the 8" drivers on the Events do deliver a decent bass response.

lowkeyoperations

If you don’t buy MA1 you will need to buy Dirac Live anyway to have room correction.

IMO it is essential.

MadMaxx

I've had a pair of Adam A7V for about 14 months and am extremely pleased. They sound pretty good without a subwoofer, but I recommend adding one if you like tight, punchy bass.

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Welcome aboard, @pr0de ;)

You see this question becomes like the one about the "chicken-or-the-egg?" version.
If good people like yourself do not arrange to have your [fill in the brand] studio monitors tested here at ASR; then, others will continue to be asking similar questions.

Anton D

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I've had a pair of Adam A7V for about 14 months and am extremely pleased. They sound pretty good without a subwoofer, but I recommend adding one if you like tight, punchy bass.
Those offer crazy value!

Top Bottom