• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Sal's system

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Can't really say, here in Fl the house is closed-up with AC handling temps most of the year.
Haven't really noticed any change in the bills with prices going up so much on everything.
Damn that Biden.
OOOPs mistake on comment it had politics in it.

JSmith

Master Contributor
You should consider a road trip to FL.
bd4dd756-0352-467a-938a-96e6139dcd84_text.gif
:p

JSmith

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I got this 40% THC hash last night in the 2g size for $32.62 Burns goood.
Is that sh*t legal in Canada, now?:facepalm:
I just read the following article:
Marijuana Is More Dangerous Than Biden’s HHS Lets On - In easing restrictions, it brushes past the long-term effects, from anxiety and depression to psychosis.
Bryn Spejcher, 32, of Thousands Oaks, Calif., was convicted last month of killing her boyfriend in May 2018. According to prosecutors, she stabbed Chad O’Melia 108 times with a kitchen knife. She also stabbed herself and her dog. When police showed up, she was screaming hysterically. [
wsj 2024/01/21]
Some of us still think it just gives you the munchies and makes you get lost in the music...
I cannot tell you how many times I wanted go psychotic and stab my ears each time I heard Barry Manilow!:confused:

OP
Sal1950

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
I just read the following article:
Politics, politics, and some writer trying to use some lawyers BS tactic in an attempt to free a murderer.
The pot made her do it. :facepalm:
Reminds me of the "Reefer Madness" days and movie. LOL

Mart68

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Politics, politics, and some writer trying to use some lawyers BS tactic in an attempt to free a murderer.
The pot made her do it. :facepalm:
Reminds me of the "Reefer Madness" days and movie. LOL
'Hold onto your values as we step through the looking glass into a hippy pot party'

Anton D

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I was going to post a link to each violent crime associated with being under the influence of alcohol, but it started to lose its impact after the first 100,000 links.

We need to change the name from BATF to BWAFT...Bureau of Weed, Alcohol, Firearms, and Tobacco.

They could have a couple of graffitied robots as spokesmodels and call them BWAFT Punks.

OP
Sal1950

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Hey!: I have one of those "rock concert"(s)!
Really? How kool. I've never seen another one.
An old GF or wife, can't remember which now, bought it for me, I no idea where?

EJ3

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Really? How kool. I've never seen another one.
An old GF or wife, can't remember which now, bought it for me, I no idea where?
Mine was a birthday gift from my mother. I have also never seen another. You had OLD girlfriends & OLD wives?
So you were dating & marrying women from the previous generation?
No wonder you had trouble with them!
(Just Kidding, of course!)

Willem

Major Contributor
Not politics: ECONOMICS!
Right. The recent inflation had nothing to do with national politics, given that it was a global phenomenon affecting countries with widely different political parties. Fortunately, much of that inflation is gone again.

EJ3

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Right. The recent inflation had nothing to do with national politics, given that it was a global phenomenon affecting countries with widely different political parties. Fortunately, much of that inflation is gone again.
But general inflation does not occur in economies organically, they just plug along with minor variations that do not suddenly make massive changes when left alone.
Certainly not world wide ones.
And interconnected national policies of various countries can & do affect the international economies.
Your statement just made it a political issue.

Willem

Major Contributor
By no means. I think few experts would disagree that the recent inflation was the product of rising energy prices as a result of the war in Ukraine, which then percolated through the rest of the world economy. This came on top of a booming post Covid economy. Economies have adjusted to the energy supply shock by reducing energy consumption and shifting supplies, and prices have come down, although not yet completely as that takes time. I really don't see anything political in this - it is just textbook economics. The political bit is Russian imperialism, but I don't think you mean that.
Of course, I agree that in normal circumstances inflation does not happen organically, and may be the product of inappropriate government policies.

RichB

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Inflation continues with slowed price increases.

- Rich

Reactions: EJ3

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
By no means. I think few experts would disagree that the recent inflation was the product of rising energy prices as a result of the war in Ukraine, which then percolated through the rest of the world economy.
What would we do without experts?

Willem

Major Contributor
In 2022 Dutch inflation was 11.6%, in 2023 it came down to 4.1.Technically, 2% inflation is the target set by most central banks, because you really want to avoid deflation. So we are almost there. I see that US inflation in 2023 was even lower, and decreasing by the month.

Willem

Major Contributor
None of this excludes the possibility that inflation rates diverge significantly between product types. I have a feeling (but no data) that audio gear has gone up more than average.

Top Bottom