• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

restoring old La Scalas Back porch project, LOTS of questions...

righthookmike

I've been planning an audio system for my back porch since I moved in my house. It was really just a work in progress. Id change a piece here,there really haphazard. ASR has made me take into account many more factors that I hadn't even considered and when something pops in my head I've been posting questions. Well, I believe I have a more coherent plan based on what I've picked up here and the bits and pieces I've brought home and have to work with. Here's what I have and my plan
1.microsoft touch with tidal and audionirvana
2. E30 dac (picking up solaris soon)
3. Pre 90
4. Jungson 88d deluxe amp
5 Klipsch Epic CF 4 (changing to La Scalas I'm restoring over next two weeks}
6. Yorkville SW 400 rear horn loaded cabinets.

My plan is to finish the La Scalas in weather proof finish. only upgrade is rebuilt crossovers by ALK engineering, Use the yorkville to fill in the lows. they are passive and I was thinking Hypex fusion 502 plate amps bridged.I would run the XLR outs on pre90 to the jungson for the La Scalas and the rca to the hypex plates, add AC 703 :beams across the ceiling to dampen mid highs,if I smooth out inside of the the LA Scala horns(they are a little rough) and paint them will this effect the sound? If I add alayer of boat fiberglass to the outside of the La Scala bass bins will that effect the sound? Hypex plate amps , Good choice?

Top Bottom