• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Recommend a Microphone Stand

Curvature

Major Contributor
For years I've been using a simple microphone stand where the main pivots are rubber and metal clamps. Totally fine for most purposes. Sort of squishy and loose in operation. If I'm not careful about the clamping force it can droop, and if I hit it by accident the cental pivot will swing it around without much resistance.

What I'd like is a stand that can maintain precise and repeatable angles at all the joints.

Any suggestions?

Andysu

Major Contributor
used gone though few microphone boom stands
Screenshot 2023-06-07 08.17.40.png

RickNRoll

TAMA makes great boom mic stands. They look much the same as the other ones but actually work.

OP
Curvature

Curvature

Major Contributor
From other forums, I've read mixed reviews of Atlas, Ultimate Support, Gator and K&M.

Latch Lake has oversized joints and heavy bases.

Triad Orbit produces modular stands with interesting articulating joints.

Last two, depending on model, are about 10 times more expensive than my current one.

holdingpants01

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
small Latch Lakes are amazing, though probably overkill for a measurement microphone or something light it's well suited for hanging typical recording engineer

Zrzut ekranu 2023-06-7 o 16.34.42.png

Top Bottom