• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

R.I.P. NRG Radio

killdozzer

Major Contributor
This was one of my favorite radios. Couldn't count all the new songs/artists I discovered on this radio station. Long time ago it used to be called The Music Machine (I liked that name), after it switched to NRG Radio. It used to feature two easily understandable channels for on-line streaming. You could stream it for free, simply over a web page, but I bought so much music and concert tickets because of this radio that I believe it really brought some royalties to the artists (expecting I wasn't the only one).

One channel for the great old ones but with a specific taste that really hit the spot with me; old Iggy Pop, Radiohead, Bowie, Pixies, Stone Roses, Blur, Nick Drake...

The other channel was for upcoming stuff - for example (if you're into this kind of music) this is where you'd hear for: Bibio, SBTRKT, Kevin Morby, a new Alt-J album, Christine and the Queen, Alvvays, Yard Act, TSHA, Tegan and Sara, Tristen, The Twilight Sad, Bonobo, Courtney Barnett, Damien Jurado, Creepoid, Damien Rice, Elbow, Julio Bashmore, In Tall Buildings, Jakwob, Jensen Sportag, Youmi Zuma, Sothko, Society, Virgil Howe, Mizan, Minks, Soak, Sarah Cracknell, Niki and the Dove, Melt Yourself Down, Cut Copy, The War on Drugs...

If you recognize these artists as a part of your taste, please recommend me a free on-line radio where these are being played.

Top Bottom