• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Qobuz or Tidal?

Spider

When I compare the two & I mean Qobuz Studio & Tidal Hi-Fi Plus: IMHO Qobuz is Nr 1. regarding Audio Quality, the UI is better on Tidal & I am talking about the Desktop Apps for Windows, What do you think?
Also in Audirvana Studio Qobuz is my favorite.
Price is another matter where Qobuz defeated Tidal once again, almost 50DKR cheaper.
The only downside Qobuz has is that it's Android App does not work as smoothly as Tidal`s.
What is your favorite Streaming Service?:)

2Bad

Qobuz is not available to Canadians so my my vote and money goes to Tidal. :D

Besides... everything I've read about Qobuz it's a disaster when working with Roon. Roon users themselves are saying that the Tidal/Roon integration is much better. YMMV.

OP
Spider

Spider

Qobuz is not available to Canadians so my my vote and money goes to Tidal. :D

Besides... everything I've read about Qobuz it's a disaster when working with Roon. Roon users themselves are saying that the Tidal/Roon integration is much better. YMMV.
Hi @2Bad, thank you for your answer, I have had Roon License & it is true, Tidal is better integrated into this audio player than Qobuz.

D

Deleted member 23424

Speaking as someone who has subscriptions to both, rather than someone spouting hearsay....

Qobuz shits on Tidal, from a very great height.

Without even looking at file formats v MQA.... the UI, the curation, availability.... everything. Tidal is just plain shit.

2Bad

So you say... MQA rules and Qobuz sucks the big one. :D

D

Deleted member 23424

So you say... MQA rules and Qobuz sucks the big one. :D
I understand people having brand affiliations, even though it's clearly a stupid position brought on by confirmation bias.

But please don't use your bias to misinform others.

Anyone with experience of both channels is obviously welcome to dispute my evaluation, you, are not. Stop wasting people's time and money

2Bad

I understand people having brand affiliations, even though it's clearly a stupid position brought on by confirmation bias.

But please don't use your bias to misinform others.

Anyone with experience of both channels is obviously welcome to dispute my evaluation, you, are not. Stop wasting people's time and money
My bias... that's a joke. You should look at yourself in the mirror before making statements like that. Nether the OP or myself made any statements about MQA. No... but you have to inflect your bias into the conversation... you sir are a joke.

Nobody here was talking about MQA so keep your trap shut about bias. Thank you and I bid you a good night with my finger on the block user button. LOL

SKBubba

Tidal mobile/desktop app 10x better than Qobuz.

Tidal is infected with MQA, which is evil, but sounds ok. Setting hifi quality filters out a lot (but not all) of mqa giving proper cd quality flac in a lot of cases.

Both work with roon, but tidal seems to work better, especially for "radio."

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
My experience https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/leaving-roon-qobuz-and-tidal.24014/

I now use Amazon music for listening through a PC -dac-amp rig (EAPO for headphone eq on the PC) and back to Tidal for using on mobile rig - it plays well with the Android UAPP rig, again for the EQ. Using the the hifi (lossless tier @£9,99pm) - I have no need of MQA.

Tidal still integrates better into Roon IME and into UAPP than qobuz. Of the small minority of my music that isnt on services, slightly more are missing from Qobuz than Tidal but ymmv in that regards (Spotify better than both).

At the point when Tidal makes its connect feature available on PC- so I can control playback from my phone to PC, then to EQ and onto the DAC I will likely ditch amazon too.
Personally, I would trial both free with my particular use cases and see which suits best. For me its Tidal but each to their own. Beware anyone saying one sounds better than the other. Switch off the volume normalisation in both and see if that holds true for you.

OP
Spider

Spider

Hi I have a subscription with: Apple Music, Spotify, Moodagent(crap),Qobuz & Tidal.
I think Apple Music beats them all & it is Lossless, I most certainly don't like Apple as a company, but they have a damn good music service at a very competitive price.

RosalieTheDog

I've had both. My taste is more in line with the Qobuz curators, and their classical repertoire seems more extensive, but their Android app and Windows app are just very instable compared with Tidal's. To me Tidal is a clear winner in usability and value ever since they launched the Hifi tier, removing worries about hires, MQA etc. Tidal connect is convenient too, if you have a supported streamer.

Also the family hifi package for Tidal is such a good deal (6 accounts for €15, share it with friends).

Sukie

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Besides... everything I've read about Qobuz it's a disaster when working with Roon. Roon users themselves are saying that the Tidal/Roon integration is much better.
I'm not sure where you're evidence is, but the Roon forums show occasional problems with both services. There was a problem with Qobuz/Roon integration, but that appears to have been largely cleared up.

amper42

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I use Qobuz with Audirvana. That combination gives me a great interface and the best music quality. I used Tidal and Qobuz for awhile and preferred the quality of Qobuz for most tracks. I don't use the Qobuz or Tidal app as I much prefer the Audirvana application as it gives me access to both on-line music as well as my CD rips all in one easy to use interface.

I tried Amazon and Apple as well but the Amazon app was buggy and I still preferred the Audirvana interface over what Apple offered.

OP
Spider

Spider

I also use Qobuz Studio & Tidal Hi-Fi Plus with Audirvana Studio, because I like the audio quality better+ I have about 168.000 FLAC 16-24 bit & a lot of ALAC Files in 16 bit.

Music1969

Major Contributor
I subscribe to Qobuz, Tidal and Apple Music Hi-Res Lossless.

I really wish I could use 1 but each have an advantage over the others in different areas. For now anyway...

If Apple change a couple small simple things, I'd probably stick with just that.

Hopefully by the end of the year I'll be able to pick 1 - and just pay for 1 !

First world problems of course.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I subscribe to Qobuz, Tidal and Apple Music Hi-Res Lossless.

I really wish I could use 1 but each have an advantage over the others in different areas. For now anyway...

If Apple change a couple small simple things, I'd probably stick with just that.

Hopefully by the end of the year I'll be able to pick 1 - and just pay for 1 !

First world problems of course.
This is my problem too. No one service to rule them all. If they all opened up APIs to 3rd party software I would probably go for amazon as the highest value proposition but not the best experience.

NiagaraPete

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I use Apple Music. I had Amazon which I didn’t like. Quality was great but the app sucks. I’ve also had Tidal which I really liked but no more than Apple which is free to me. Tidal is just way to expensive.

Music1969

Major Contributor
This is my problem too. No one service to rule them all. If they all opened up APIs to 3rd party software I would probably go for amazon as the highest value proposition but not the best experience.

Or even if any one of those supported 'casting' up to 24/192 to a streamer, but bit perfectly... Straight from their official app.

Not a need for 3rd party app.

I reckon by the end of this year we'll be there with one of them. If i had to bet I'd say Apple but it could be any.

YouTube Music might come out of nowhere with hires lossless and get it right straight away :D

D

Deleted member 23424

Tidal still integrates better into Roon IME and into UAPP than qobuz.
I'm using UAPP to cast to my headphone amp and BubbleUPNP to send files to my Pi via Moode. Both work flawlessly. Not sure what problems used to exist in this respect but they seem to have ironed them out.

The only issue I've encountered has been that live EQ settings are incredibly slow to react via UAPP, but I guess that's due to the buffered content already having been EQd.

Top Bottom