• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Music You Strongly Dislike (Just For Fun)

Daverz

Major Contributor
Yes sorry you are correct. The music is so anthemic that it seemed like patriotic pap. I should have given him more credit as there are music and lyrics by him that I love. But I stand by not liking the way it sounds. I will not be so quick to judge before fully understanding a song again. A bit embarrassing actually.

I prefer this version:

napfkuchen

Metal music has the same problem, but at also missing a melody = just noise.
While most metal music is not mixed/mastered in a way that's pleasing to my audiophile/audiophool expectations, claiming that it's just noise goes to far. Metal has many subgenres that may seem like that when you first hear them, it just takes some time getting used to because they are almost never played on FM radio etc. There are also many intersections with other established genres. Let's take this classical song for example which clearly inspired a beautiful metal rendition (although they claim it noise on the cover, too ;)).

Axo1989

Major Contributor
The ironic thing is not the lyric but the delivery, it’s sung in a very bombastic way , a parody of sort :) .
It’s a part of whole record , it’s popularity is a bit absurd so I get why you would not like it ( I don’t like this Bruce song either, I like the ghost of Tom Joad or the river ) .

It’s overplayed and miss understood as no one give a second thought about the lyrics . And it’s get tiring in it simplicity.
It’s almost a s bad as sport anthems ?

“We are the champions” any one :)

Born in the USA as jingoistic anthem is just another example of Poe's law.

EERecordist

I think when you are a teen you choose your musical interests. I never went through a metal phase. Movie director Penelope Spheeris made a music documentary The Decline and Fall of Modern Civilization Part II about metal music. Her conclusion was that it was cosplay to provide a safe outlet for rebellion by middle class suburban youth.

Other of my friends like it. The music world is vast and ever changing. It would be boring if everyone liked the same thing.

Peterinvan

Wailing saxophones or horns; opera; Eastern cultures; pounding synth heart-beat rhythms;

LIKE: acoustic instruments

Vacceo

Major Contributor
While most metal music is not mixed/mastered in a way that's pleasing to my audiophile/audiophool expectations, claiming that it's just noise goes to far. Metal has many subgenres that may seem like that when you first hear them, it just takes some time getting used to because they are almost never played on FM radio etc. There are also many intersections with other established genres. Let's take this classical song for example which clearly inspired a beautiful metal rendition (although they claim it noise on the cover, too ;)).
I´m very fine being an audiophobe. As I´m writting this post, I have some Axis of Perdition playing; that is indeed a lot of noise. :D

Top Bottom