• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Lange @ Purité Audio?

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
I have to thank @pierre for introducing me to Lange loudspeakers.
Their background is in live sound, horns, compression drivers, line arrays but they have produced a small range of domestic designs which look exquisite.
This is their ‘Yocto’ all are designed to be used with a subwoofer and the entire range is now active.
Yocto as you are probably all aware is one septillionth of a unit in the SI metric system.

IMG_3526.jpeg

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
I have ordered a pair of ‘Yocto‘s’, I will use my new Boxem amplifier, create the high and low pass in Roon although the KEF and Sigberg subs have provision for crossover filters.
They look really interesting, I used to like those Eclipse single driver speakers, does anyone remember those?
Keith

IMG_3530.png

Grotti

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
These look very nice, how much do they go for?
In Germany they go for 8900 Euro a pair. For a single 65 mm broadband speaker each side. The recommended subwoofer is another 7900 Euro a piece and you better buy two of them for well known reasons. Ridiculous. But at least they provide measurements on the site of the manufacturer.

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
That price must be including the Tera subwoofer , the Yoctos are approx £3k a pair inc.
Keith

Grotti

Forum Donor
No, it is 8900 for a pair without the needed subwoofer:

Screenshot_20240221-143639.png

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
I can assure you that is not correct, from, Hans Andrea Lange,
’The list price of a YOCTO is 1'975.- CHF, ‘
From as it were the horses mouth.
Keith

Grotti

Forum Donor
I can assure you that is not correct, from, Hans Andrea Lange,
’The list price of a YOCTO is 1'975.- CHF, ‘
From as it were the horses mouth.
Keith
I want to believe you but the price I posted is from the website of the official German distributor axmann audio, who is listed and linked by Lange Audio. Not to mention the fact, that Lange offers to sell directly to customers with a better price?

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
I can only relay what Hans Andrea wrote to me.
Keith

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Alors there are these passive Yoctos, and as if by magic there are now these active Yoctos! Probably going to get into trouble as they haven’t been officially released but you only live once.
Keith
ACTIVE YOCTO.jpeg

IMG_3526.jpeg

Ra1zel

I swear speaker design is going backwards at this point

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
I swear speaker design is going backwards at this point
The Yoctos are not an attempt at a retrogressive design, my thinking is that they might be an alternative for smaller rooms and even near field applications.
There used to be a Japanese manufacturer ‘ Eclipse’ who made a similar single driver speaker, over the region of the Far that they could reproduce sound quality was excellent.
I am hoping that with contemporary steep high pass filters and subwoofer integration the Yocto will be quite special.
Anyhoo unless one tries one never knows, Lange also manufacture some more traditional designs, based on their experience with live sound.
Lange are ‘activating’ their entire range, they just announced the active version of their Atto.
Keith
IMG_3536.jpeg

amper42

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
According to the Lange Website spec for the DECA it offers:
  • Tree-Way 33,5 Hz to 28 kHz frequency range

Does that mean you use them outside? Proof reading is a lost art. lol :facepalm:

MKR

Major Contributor
The Yoctos are not an attempt at a retrogressive design, my thinking is that they might be an alternative for smaller rooms and even near field applications.
There used to be a Japanese manufacturer ‘ Eclipse’ who made a similar single driver speaker, over the region of the Far that they could reproduce sound quality was excellent.
I am hoping that with contemporary steep high pass filters and subwoofer integration the Yocto will be quite special.
Anyhoo unless one tries one never knows, Lange also manufacture some more traditional designs, based on their experience with live sound.
Lange are ‘activating’ their entire range, they just announced the active version of their Atto.
Keith
View attachment 351944
Is the horn in the Deca using what Lange calls the “point array”? Pic attached. Looks to be a similar concept to Danley MEH?

Attachments

• IMG_0311.png
    IMG_0311.png
    889.9 KB · Views: 33
OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Honestly don’t know, but their live sound work included horn loaded designs , and they also make the ‘dodecahedron’ speaker which I believe really correct way to measure a room response.
I just thought they were doing something interesting.
Keith

Hans Lange

In Germany they go for 8900 Euro a pair. For a single 65 mm broadband speaker each side. The recommended subwoofer is another 7900 Euro a piece and you better buy two of them for well known reasons. Ridiculous. But at least they provide measurements on the site of the manufacturer.
Hello Grotti, It's wonderful to see our products being featured here. However, there seems to be a misunderstanding regarding pricing that we need to address. We've advised our German reseller to remove prices from their web pages. The correct price for end users is 1'975.- CHF. Resellers are eligible for a discount that facilitates smooth business transactions.

Hans Lange

According to the Lange Website spec for the DECA it offers:
  • Tree-Way 33,5 Hz to 28 kHz frequency range

Does that mean you use them outside? Proof reading is a lost art. lol :facepalm:
Hello Grotti, Regarding the DECA, it's important to note that it's designed for home entertainment and not for outdoor use. The loudspeaker enclosure features an 8" long excursion woofer in a band-pass configuration, which allows it to reach 33.5 Hz at -3dB. However, the sensitivity of the loudspeaker is comparable to other loudspeakers with an 8" driver intended for home entertainment purposes, probably a better cone excursion control is offered by the band-pass configuration, perhaps the impulse isn't neat as a sealed cabinet...

olieb

Hello Grotti, Regarding the DECA, it's important to note that it's designed for home entertainment and not for outdoor use. The loudspeaker enclosure features an 8" long excursion woofer in a band-pass configuration, which allows it to reach 33.5 Hz at -3dB. However, the sensitivity of the loudspeaker is comparable to other loudspeakers with an 8" driver intended for home entertainment purposes, probably a better cone excursion control is offered by the band-pass configuration, perhaps the impulse isn't neat as a sealed cabinet...
@amper42 was making a joke about "Tree-way". He was not seriously asking about use in the woods.

Top Bottom