• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Jimmy Buffett

GD Fan

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
This was a tough one. We knew he'd been sick but he also seemed like a guy who would live forever. He was so full of life.

I was fortunate enough to see 22 concerts. Now that doesn't seem like enough. Probably because we'd been waiting for the perennial schedule to be rolled out and make some plans.

First shows were back to back KC and StL in 1995. Dusted off that tour shirt to wear today.

Last show I caught was 7.13.19. in Toronto:

20190713_202657.jpg

One particularly great experience was a small club show in Paris in 2017:

20170923_154550.jpg

The concerts were pure joy. Escapism at its finest with crowds that were always happy, celebrating life and never confrontational. Jimmy was a perfect master of ceremonies, always with a smile and a sneaky good song crafter with a tremendous band.

Sadly now we are Sending the Old Man Home. Sail on, Mr. Buffett.

Last edited:

Prana Ferox

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I saw him on July 4 1998 at an outdoor stadium show in Raleigh. At the time I wasn't much of a fan but a friend's parents were going and had extra tickets. One thing that struck me was the concert let you bring in all the booze you could carry, I assume a consequence of the older crowd. The weather went from clouds to rain to outright downpour and most performers would have cancelled without playing a note but he did a full set. It turned out to be an absolute blast.

Top Bottom