• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

is there music you can hit PLAY on track 1 and just let it roll?

TonyJZX

Major Contributor
Off the top of my head only three pieces I can think of right now...

Dark Side Moon... you know, obvious

St. Peppers... although I kind of dislike the Indian sitar piece in the middle

Hamilton... obvious choice, CD or Disney piece

Tassin

Marillion - Misplaced Childhood

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer

goat76

Major Contributor
I listen through complete records about as much as I listen to selected songs. I think the order of the songs sometimes tells a story, or in other ways are meant to be listened to in the order they were placed on the record. :)

Pe8er

Forum Donor
What a peculiar question! Why are you asking? Are you implying most albums don't work for you in their entirety? (Sorry if I'm off base, just curious)

A few particularly well flowing albums for me:

Nine Inch Nails - The Downward Spiral
Meshuggah - Catch Thirtythree
Porcupine Tree - Signify, Voyage 34

Oh, and pretty much anything by Brian Eno...aaaand I just realized I'm simply listing my favorite albums.

nerdstrike

Concept albums, sure, but the real test is that there are no stinkers on an album that you habitually skip.

dasdoing

Major Contributor
not that I listen much to it, but I remember clearly that The Best of Sade is the only ever album I would not skip a single song. This never is/was true for singers/bands I am/was a fan of

goat76

Major Contributor
According to Tidal, most of their users actually listen through whole albums instead of track lists. I guess their subscribers are in general a bit older than the average Spotify user as most audiophiles are probably middle-aged who tend to like their music without compression, and are more used to listening through whole albums since the era of vinyl and CDs.

IndieSynth

Yes, lots! Listening to an album start to finish is my preference when i have time and focus. Playlists are for background listening. The last album I Iistened to start to finish was probably Javelin by Sufjan Stevens.

raif71

Major Contributor
Def Leppard - Hysteria
Beethoven Symphony 5,6,9
Schubert Symphony 8,9
Carpenters - Gold
ABBA - Gold

Réidh

This time of year The Nutcracker Suite, then Stravinsky's The Firebird and Gershwin's Rhapsody in Blue / An American in Paris.

Rednaxela

Major Contributor
550x547.jpg

Top Bottom