• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Is the FiiO BTR3K worth it if you mainly use it on a Windows PC via Bluetooth?

Batenxx

I have my PC connected to my TV (movie watching, gaming) however I don't like to use a 10m AUX cable to get the sound to my IEMs. Question being: is this thing mainly aimed at using it on your phone to get the best sound quality/use the best codec? Does it use the best codec on a Windows PC as well? I'm really not knowledgeable when it comes to these, so sorry for the stupid questions.

staticV3

Master Contributor
By default, Windows only supports SBC and aptX afaik.

The BTR3K also supports aptX HD and LDAC, which you can use on Windows with the Alternative A2DP Driver:

OP
B

Batenxx

Be prepared to have a delay of approximately 150 ms when using Bluetooth. If you are sensitive to lip sync, it will bother you.
APTX-LL (low latency) is best for watching TV
You might have a look at https://avantree.com/prolink-ps5-bluetooth-adapter-receiver-for-headphones
Thanks. I was actually interested in the FiiO because it is also an amplifier. Doesn't it make this much of a difference on IEMs that the prolink adapter you posted would be a better option?

Top Bottom