• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

I'm looking for a DAC with warm sound

ciccio1378

For Julien:
Instead of changing your headphone pads, fiddling with the equalizer, or installing new software, try replacing your headphones. I also had a Beyerdynamic like you and I was plagued by very annoying high-pitched sounds. I just replaced it with a Sennheiser HD 560S which costs the same if not less, and I solved the problem.

Middle Earth

Using a single-ended tube headphone amp will introduce the distortion/second order harmonics that many people like and enjoy. I use one that is also a preamplifier and the sound is pleasing to me depending on the music genre. I also have a solid-state headphone amplifier/preamplifier that “…exhibits distortion characteristics, gain curves, and square waves resembling tube amps.” I can see why it is preferable in many circumstances based on my experience.

Top Bottom