• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

I don't think loud is loud enough

OP
dasdoing

dasdoing

Major Contributor
If the mid,highrange is to loud, you need better subs to compensate :)

yea, ok. we have this kind of competition style car audio, too. but the "walls" how they are called here are manly to be loud. bass is not important. it's manly to make street parties, not for competition.

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Sure that the soundpressure than not produces a black hole?
Just don't fall for the tricks of those proponents of blind testing. I can assure you you'll be amazed by all the 17ness of the sound.

In the ancient world, the symbolic meaning of the number 17 was highly spiritual and represented love and peace - or sin and evil. If you fail to make the right decisions, as seen in number 16, you will continue to encounter obstacles.

And when you turn it back down to 10 you'll be staggered you ever put up with such weak and feeble thin reedy sound.

:p

OP
dasdoing

dasdoing

Major Contributor
I had no clue volume to 11 was a meme.
anyways, I suggest a Grundig

maxresdefault.jpg

tomtoo

Major Contributor
Well probably most folks around here would agree that 84 dB is too loud for them but that's the 0 point for equal loudness normalization. For me with speakers the 86 dB programe is enough for a party or short listening session tho had a habit going over to 96 dB or so programe with hedaphones when I whose young. Usually start about 74 and end about 80 increasing 1.5 dB step every 30~60 minutes on long listening sessions.

Its not to loud for me, but for my neighbours. :(

ZolaIII

Major Contributor
Its not to loud for me, but for my neighbours. :(
Reference whose to the vote pull on (ASR) forum where most folks voted 75 and less. Luckily I don't have much neighbours and good isolation from listening room to the rest of the hause as I have other family members living with me. First neighbour being musician also helps (second one is dance instructor and third one pensioned theatrical worker and ballet man).

tomtoo

Major Contributor
Reference whose to the vote pull on (ASR) forum where most folks voted 75 and less. Luckily I don't have much neighbours and good isolation from listening room to the rest of the hause as I have other family members living with me. First neighbour being musician also helps (second one is dance instructor and third one pensioned theatrical worker and ballet man).

Thats where we come to https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...-think-loud-is-loud-enough.41465/post-1482860

As younger people for the most only in the car you could go loud.

Top Bottom