• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

How to biamp?

ryanosaur

Major Contributor
What are the Speakers?

Generally, most will agree that there is very little, if any, benefit from passive bi-amping. Especially with an amp as capable as the ncx500 are.

FWIW: if speakers have multiple pairs of binding posts, remove the jumper.
From the output of your DAC or AVR, use a y splitter, sending the same signal to two separate amp channels.
Connect those amp channels, one to the highs, one two the lows.

But again, depending on your speakers, there is almost zero reason to do so with those amps.
*shrugs

EdW

You would only need a 2 channel stereo DAC for 2 channel sound. Consensus is that bi-amping achieves no performance advantage.
However with the Octo DAC and 2 Apollon amps you are halfway to a very nice home theatre setup!

OP
I

Iceee

What are the Speakers?

Generally, most will agree that there is very little, if any, benefit from passive bi-amping. Especially with an amp as capable as the ncx500 are.

FWIW: if speakers have multiple pairs of binding posts, remove the jumper.
From the output of your DAC or AVR, use a y splitter, sending the same signal to two separate amp channels.
Connect those amp channels, one to the highs, one two the lows.

But again, depending on your speakers, there is almost zero reason to do so with those amps.
*shrugs
Monitor audio pl300 3g. If dac has 8 xlr outputs can I do it without splitter?

OP
I

Iceee

You would only need a 2 channel stereo DAC for 2 channel sound. Consensus is that bi-amping achieves no performance advantage.
However with the Octo DAC and 2 Apollon amps you are halfway to a very nice home theatre setup!
Yes I chose 8ch dac cause I will connect multiple subs for dirac love bass control... Passive biamp no to so benefitial to better sound then... Tnx

OP
I

Iceee

2 monoblocks or passive biamp? What would you guys choose

ryanosaur

Major Contributor
2 monoblocks or passive biamp? What would you guys choose
Two monoblocks, or even a stereo amp using two ncx500 modules and the appropriate power supply to juice them fully (iirc, smps1200a700 if Hypex).
Those amps have ample power for those speakers.