• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

HiFiBerryOS64

Raitsa

So far, 6 versions of HiFiBerryOS64 has been released on alpha status.

The seventh one will be interesting since the Hifiberry team revealed on their own forum that:

"There will be a major change in the next release as we're changing many players to extensions that can be updated independently from the main system. This will hopefully allow us (and interested developers) not only to update parts easier, but also develop additional functionality."

Jumping on the chance, I threw it out there that listening to Tidal would be warmly welcomed, they replied with:

"I'm not sure if somebody is working on this. I haven't seen any docker container for HBOS64 yet. We're open to any contributions. The extension system is quite straightforward. If somebody can package a player in a docker container, creating an extension from this isn't a lot of additional work."

Top Bottom