• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Guidelines for living a productive and happy life

Steve81

Forum Donor
Guidelines for living a productive and happy life

1. As a preface, try out these guidelines for yourself. If you find in your experience that they help you, fantastic. If you find something that doesn't help you, feel free to disregard. If you find something new that does help, so long as it follows the path of least harm, feel free to do what makes you happy, and suggest I add it to the list.
2. Be kind, compassionate, and helpful in your interactions with others.
3. Broaden your horizons, and study the subjects that interest you.
4. Try new things, and engage in the activities which bring you joy.
5. Do not suffer in silence. When you are in need, ask for assistance.
6. Remain engaged in what you are currently doing to minimize errors.
7. When you do make an error, sincerely apologize, and learn from your mistakes.
8. Learn to laugh at your errors instead of dwelling upon them.
9. Engage in mindfulness exercises to help you relax.
10. Take care of your physical and socioeconomic needs.

This list was derived by....science. I examined the affects identified by Silvan Tomkins as being present in human infants, and combined it with the published research on the release of various chemicals in our brain when we're kind to others. The rest is straightforward stuff (i.e. taking care of your needs). Basically, be kind and get a natural high, stimulate that enjoyment-joy and interest-excitement, and learn to avoid / cope with shame-humiliation.

Reactions: GDK
Top Bottom