• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Future DAC/HD AMP upgrade

Gradius

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I'll post it here, as they are both: a DAC and a H.D. amp.

I'm thinking on a future upgrade from E50+L50 to a DX9 or D70+A70 ("pro" ones), or something else.

Price difference is $99 or less.

Thoughs?

Dunring

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The E50/L50 is amazing, had several and another pair of those on the way this week. I've made a stack for a client with the A70Pro/D70Pro Octo and it's fantastic, but not a great value compared to how great the E50/L50 sounds. I've had the DX series and certain the DX9 will not disappoint, just down to form factor where it's going vs. the stack. If money is a concern in any way, the E50/L50 hands down. I have the Hifiman HE6se and if that's your white whale, on the A70Pro with a 5 volt DAC it takes -17db in high gain to get them loud. Equalize with a preamp reduction and a quiet recording, and you'll be glad you got the extra power.

OP
Gradius

Gradius

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I see. I was looking for an 100% balanced stuff, then I think I'll upgrade my headphones first, actually I have my trusty/almost-legendary HD650. Was looking at HD800S, but I don't know if is really worth the price, I know they are made to last, but other than that, I can't believe it will sounds 4x better than HD650. After all, is $295 vs $1250.

Top Bottom