• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Facebook Outage

Status
Not open for further replies.

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Well I haven't referred to any particular country as 1/2/3rd world (which seemed to be the problem in the linked thread). It was intended as a reference to "first world problem" in relation to a social media site being offline for a few hours being headline news. However if a mod wants me to change the wording (or even if it offends any other contributor here), I'll be happy to do so.

daftcombo

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Well I haven't referred to any particular country as 1/2/3rd world (which seemed to be the problem in the linked thread). It was intended as a reference to "first world problem" in relation to a social media site being offline for a few hours being headline news. However if a mod wants me to change the wording (or even if it offends any other contributor here), I'll be happy to do so.
It was a pun. ;)

krumpol

Comprehensible analysis by Cloudflare engineers:

daftcombo

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Well I've looked back - and it must be far to subtle a pun for me. I don't get it. :)
Well, I just read the two threads in a row and your post made me think of the one I linked to you, that's all. But I didn't really mean you were breaking the rules since your post was also for fun. Sorry if you were puzzled.

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
No problem - being puzzled is pretty much a normal state of being for me. I think it's my age :D

AdamG

Enjoy the Music your way…
Forum Donor

elvisizer

heads are rolling as you'd expect in the aftermath of something like this
Screen Shot 2021-10-07 at 1.52.48 PM.png

daniel_chris

Facebook should curb hate speech and they are unable to do it yet !!

FACEBOOK was well aware that hate speech was spreading on its site which could exacerbate ethnic violence, and did not deploy resources to curb the phenomenon.
The so-called Facebook Papers, leaked by whistleblower Frances Haugen, have already revealed the impact of Facebook — as well as of WhatsApp and Instagram, both of which it owns — on the deep polarization of politics in the US and on the mental health of some teenagers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom