• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Extreme Snake Oil

EERecordist

I think we found actual snakes!

These will bite, around your neck, this will constrict:

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-05-06 at 9.15.56 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-05-06 at 9.15.56 PM.png
    556.7 KB · Views: 47
  • Screenshot 2024-05-06 at 9.16.18 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-05-06 at 9.16.18 PM.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 49

IPunchCholla

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Amazing the lengths people go to to try to make vinyl records sound almost as good as CDs. I can beat that sound quality for $50 or less.
I mean, there’s a good chance you could tie it with an $80 thrift shop Technics direct drive, but the belief that more expensive is better is strong.

MattHooper

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Not sure if this company has shown up here yet. Entire website is off the rails insane. If possible, matches or exceeds the shamelessness of Synergistic Research.

VoodooLabs

It's a POE's Law scenario, except there are purported excerpts from fawning reviews:

Some "Science Facts" for you:

Products:

madrac

Voodoo labs - well, at least the name is appropriate - it's all voodoo.
Glad they include the speaker cable risers with the Witchcraft - makes it a bargain. LOL

JimBean

Voodoo labs - well, at least the name is appropriate - it's all voodoo.
Glad they include the speaker cable risers with the Witchcraft - makes it a bargain. LOL
Here's a nice image quoting what they actually do, start of the 2nd paragraph

Attachments

• 1715111449163.png
    1715111449163.png
    185.2 KB · Views: 44

Audiofire

Addicted to Fun and Learning
WITCHCRAFT & CARBON AGE is the slogan, because carbon dating is used for the Stone Age.
According to Voodoo Labs, it requires adequate space. In other words, hanging cables in the air so that they do not touch ideally anything, but definitely nothing wooden or metallic.
Witchcraft is a system of stands made from a specifically developed material by the manufacturer, and hexagonally shaped grids attached to them. Through these grids, three conductors for each pole of each channel are led at a sufficient distance (six cables to the right, six cables to the left). No connectors because they supposedly increase transition resistances by at least 30%, somewhat negating the overall purpose of the construction. A specific cotton braid is used because it has the best dielectric properties in combination with plenty of air around. No shielding, as it introduces additional unwanted interactions into the transmission, and Voodoo Labs claims they have never recorded any measurable impact of air-propagating waves through listening or measurement.

Last edited:

anphex

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Omg, my brain.

I love how he dotes on the cable raisers while he places them below this cable that looks like an umbrical cord. Then the usual easy listening ad music plays while he pans over the cable AND YOU SEE HOW THE "CHEAPLY" INSULATED CABLES ARE LAYING JUST NEXT TO THE MAIN CABLE. I wonder why no one thought about this. It's like a flat earther on a space ship looking out of the window down to the earth and not going "hmmmmm something is weird here."

AdVis

Not sure if this company has shown up here yet. Entire website is off the rails insane. If possible, matches or exceeds the shamelessness of Synergistic Research.

So erm, they let the signal travel at "lightning speed". So, since the propagation of a signal in a wire is somewhat between 50-80% of the speed of light, and the lightning discharge once the path is established travels at about 1/3rd the speed of light, it actually slows the signal down?

Top Bottom