• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Epic Road Trips

OP
Ron Texas

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
@Doodski I have only had the Jeep since Dec of 22. As for cameras Nikon, Canon, Sony and Fuji all make very good cameras. I'm not sure what to recommend. If I were starting from scratch I would get a fuji because it is smaller, lighter and has a full compliment of lenses for the 1.5 crop format. My Nikon will probably go out of production this year as mirrorless takes over.

-Matt-

Addicted to Fun and Learning
The mention of a road trip and your username (@Ron Texas) brings this to mind...

1000026034.png

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buc-ee's

Last edited:

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
@Doodski I have only had the Jeep since Dec of 22. As for cameras Nikon, Canon, Sony and Fuji all make very good cameras. I'm not sure what to recommend. If I were starting from scratch I would get a fuji because it is smaller, lighter and has a full compliment of lenses for the 1.5 crop format. My Nikon will probably go out of production this year as mirrorless takes over.
Thanks muchO for your knowledge about cameras. The fact that there are such good cameras from so many manufacturers really shows the state of the market today and how we have a hugeee selection of very nice stuff. I am not into cameras in any way that makes me study them and to know technicalities and features. They are simply something I point and shoot and are not interesting. Maybe I should just use the new Samsung Galaxy S23 cel tel that I have and skip the entire dedicated camera effort altogether. One feature that I do want though that makes all of this matter to me is a rapid fire function so that I can burst capture. So that I don't need to get peeps to hold still while I attempt to get a proper flattering image of them and of course a circular polarizer lens is a huge advantage and I reallly notice that. I'll experiment with the new Samsung cel tel and see how that works out. I barely used it at all other than calls and for music listening. It's just so awkward compared to the excellent ergonomics of a real dedicated camera with the rotatable display at the camera body. How do you like a newer model cel tel compared to your daily driver dedicated camera? Are the images good enough?

OP
Ron Texas

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Thanks muchO for your knowledge about cameras. The fact that there are such good cameras from so many manufacturers really shows the state of the market today and how we have a hugeee selection of very nice stuff. I am not into cameras in any way that makes me study them and to know technicalities and features. They are simply something I point and shoot and are not interesting. Maybe I should just use the new Samsung Galaxy S23 cel tel that I have and skip the entire dedicated camera effort altogether. One feature that I do want though that makes all of this matter to me is a rapid fire function so that I can burst capture. So that I don't need to get peeps to hold still while I attempt to get a proper flattering image of them and of course a circular polarizer lens is a huge advantage and I reallly notice that. I'll experiment with the new Samsung cel tel and see how that works out. I barely used it at all other than calls and for music listening. It's just so awkward compared to the excellent ergonomics of a real dedicated camera with the rotatable display at the camera body. How do you like a newer model cel tel compared to your daily driver dedicated camera? Are the images good enough?
I have an iPhone 14 Pro. The Nikon is much better.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I have an iPhone 14 Pro. The Nikon is much better.
That's very good information to have. Thanks again as always. :D I look forward to your next calendar grade images of whatever stuff you see as good material. I like seeing your Jeep in the images. It gives the image(s) a certain thing that I can't put my finger on but it's good. I think pretty much everybody here @ ASR enjoys your images and the manner in which they are so natural with amazing vistas and huge fields of view. It's just starting to warm up here in The Great White North and I am really looking forward to getting out in the sunshine and snapping some pics. >@^_*@< Thanks again @Ron Texas.

OP
Ron Texas

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
@Doodski the Google Pixel is said to have a very good camera.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
@Doodski the Google Pixel is said to have a very good camera.
Yes, I was ogling the Google Pixel too but my cel tel service provider had the best deals and offering with the Samsung cel tels and there was the major advantage of the multi year security suite software updates and multi year OS updates support from Samsung. So I chatted with a girlfriend in Germany and let her chose my new phone...LoL...

GD Fan

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Not a road trip, strictly defined, but multiple stops in Southern California certainly involves a lot of driving so I am counting it.

First stop San Fernando Valley and some hiking in the Santa Monica Mountains.

20240317_173615.jpg

20240317_165745.jpg

Next stop is the South Bay - perhaps less interesting topographically but the beaches are fabulous. If I take any good pictures I'll post a follow up.

OP
Ron Texas

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Holy PoPorama! Those pics pop! The sky is wonderful as is the detail and color balance. Makes me want to rip out there in the winter and rage on a snow machine.
Thank you. When I see the sky, that's what it looks like, but the camera captures it with less drama. It's easy to fix in nearly any photo editing program.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Thank you. When I see the sky, that's what it looks like, but the camera captures it with less drama. It's easy to fix in nearly any photo editing program.
I hope you do not mind but this is a perfectO desktop image and so I used the image <Dip Pano by Ron Scubadiver, on Flickr> for my gaming PC desktop background. :D It's gorgeous. :D Is that OK with you?

CapMan

Major Contributor
Years ago we took our Mini Cooper S convertible from London to Wengen in the Swiss Alps. We stopped in Champagne and Beaune on the way through France. It has to be the noisiest, most uncomfortable car I’ve ever had (and has very limited space to carry wine!) :D

Wengen is beautiful - no ICE vehicles are permitted so you park at the bottom of the mountain and take a funicular railway up to the town. Some amazing hikes through the Jungfrau

Top Bottom