• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

dsf to pcm file conversion software

bt3

Anyone use, used or know of good/reputable dsf (dsd) to pcm file conversion software?
There are several choices on internet that no way I'd install to hacker's delight.
Thanks

Last edited:

Sokel

Master Contributor
Anyone use, used or know of good/reputable dsf (dsd) to pcm file conversion software?
There are several choices on internet that no way I'd install to hacker's delight.
Thanks
What MP are you using?
foobar or Jriver,etc can do it on the fly (foobar needs the SACD plug-in) .

OP
bt3

bt3

Have had JRiver since early days. Never needed to do conversion till now.
What motivates this is the limited storage space on my phone and my Macbook.
I refuse the pay the outrageous price Apple charges for more storage/memory, so purchase base Macs.
My latest phone, the Pixel 8, is limited in storage. DSD files are space hogs, and most of my favorite files are in dsf.
My understanding is JRiver does conversion on fly, but does not convert the actual files
(which in my case are held on portable USB drives).
I have Win and Mac notebooks. I have older master license for JRiver. See in Apple
store there is app called “DSD Master.” There are few reviews and little info on this app.
I remember Sonore use to have an app for the conversion, but read that software has long been discontinued.
Thank you for your reply.

Last edited:

Sokel

Master Contributor
You can use foobar + DSD converter plug-in to convert them permanently in any format you like (or keep both,in separate folders)

(foobar will warn you that the conversion is not lossless but that is to be expected)

DSD.PNG

Top Bottom