• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

BTL Mode For Hypex NC Amps Quick Question

Trdat

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I just have to get this concept off my chest so apologize if its a really weird one.

Can I BTL from two different powered Hypex amps? Meaning if I have a NC502MP and NC252MP and in order to get stereo I would use the plus from the NC252 and the plus from the NC502 for one channel and for the second I would do the same with the other plus from each respective amp.

pma

Major Contributor

OP
Trdat

Trdat

Forum Donor
I just read that, plus I have been reading your website but it doesnt answer the question if two different powered amps pluses can be used to bridge load?

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
I wouldn't do it.

This.

Gains have to precisely matched as do all other aspects of the amplifiers. And you'd be playing all sorts of games with the cold (-) returns, as Hypex use both hot and cold signal line feedback.

Bridge the NC-252mp by all means, but not disimilar amps.

OP
Trdat

Trdat

Forum Donor
I wouldn't do it. Better use the 502 for one channel and the 252 for the other. It's not like your proposed config would go any louder or anything.
Thanks. Just needed to know.

Thats not a bad idea to use 502 for one channel and the 252 for the other but then wouldn't the input sensitivity be an issue and each reach a different loudness at different stage?

OP
Trdat

Trdat

Forum Donor
This.

Gains have to precisely matched as do all other aspects of the amplifiers. And you'd be playing all sorts of games with the cold (-) returns, as Hypex use both hot and cold signal line feedback.

Bridge the NC-252mp by all means, but not disimilar amps.
Great, thanks.

Top Bottom