• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

AXPONA 2017: Marketplace

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
These shows usually have one open area where companies rent tables and such. I already covered two companies from there (the electrostat headphones and parts express). Here is the rest.

093A9257.jpg

093A9258.jpg

093A9259.jpg

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
The company Soekris was there with an integrated DAC+headphone amp. What is unusual about it is the R2R ladder discrete DAC.
093A9263.jpg
093A9260.jpg
093A9261.jpg
093A9262.jpg

I asked them how they can survive in this competitive market and they said that they actually design such products for other companies. I forget the brands they mentioned but they were significant.

I think the retail price was $1,200 (?).

Any of our European members know them?

Very nice people and I enjoyed chatting with them about their product and industry in general.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I saw these beautiful Artnovion panels at CES but did not talk to anyone about it. Was happy to see them at this show and surprised to hear that their distributor in US is none other than Burmester! More so, they had been trying to contact me! They make gorgeous acoustic panels. Absolutely stunning designs. Founder left Vicoustics to form this company.

093A9265.jpg

Can you believe this is made of MDF? I asked him if it was a pain to finish and he said indeed it was.
093A9264.jpg

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
The guys above have this audio device that plays static to show the effect of filtering. THey are at every show. I asked them if the static was directly from the line or it was downconverted from higher frequencies. Of course he said it was higher frequencies. Compelling demo but misleading.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
These guys (Acoustic Sounds) were behind some of the best demos at AXPONA. The sampler tape they created with Dean Martin track and such really elevated the experience at a number of suites (e.g. Doshi). Unfortunately the tape was not available for purchase.

093A9268.jpg
093A9269.jpg
093A9270.jpg
093A9271.jpg
093A9272.jpg

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Amazon $57.64 ... Reviews...

http://www.freepatentsonline.com/8223993.html

Title:
Signal conditioner for subwoofers
United States Patent 8223993

Abstract:
A signal conditioner for subwoofers has a band pass filter which passes a lower frequency spectrum of an input signal. The band pass filter includes a high pass filter having a predetermined corner frequency, and a low pass filter having about the same corner frequency, and produces a filtered input to a peak voltage follower circuit. The peak voltage follower circuit traces and smoothes the upper boundary of the filtered input to produce a control voltage. An analog multiplier multiplies the input signal by the control voltage produced by the peak voltage follower to produce an enhanced signal where low frequency transients have been magnified.

Top Bottom