• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Ask help about Pro-Ject Phono box DS2 usb

ooooowl

hello eveyone,I am a novice. I recently encountered a problem. I use a Pro-JECT Phono DS2 usb to rip the record and want to import the phone. and the volume is particularly small, the computer driver can display the device, but it feels like it does not provide a magnifying signal without Phono. Adjusting the gain of Phono, I worry that the sound will be distorted. I replaced the volume of another phono I used before, and the gain of the PROJECT DS2 increased to the CLIP button above 60. Are there any friends who knew this question or also use Project Phono Box DS2 usb ? thanks
1655995307949.png
1655995315984.png
1655995410471.png

DVDdoug

Major Contributor
Adjusting the gain of Phono, I worry that the sound will be distorted.
The analog-to-digital converter will clip (distort) at exactly 0dB. Nothing bad happens when you get close to 0dB but it's good practice to leave 3 to 6dB of headroom to allow for unexpected peaks.

Low digital levels are not a problem unless they are super-low (especially if you are recording at 24-bits) so just keep the levels below clipping and boost/normalize later. Pros often record around -12 to -18dB.

the gain of the PROJECT DS2 increased to the CLIP button above 60.
I don't have the same hardware and I don't know what that means...

OP
O

ooooowl

The analog-to-digital converter will clip (distort) at exactly 0dB. Nothing bad happens when you get close to 0dB but it's good practice to leave 3 to 6dB of headroom to allow for unexpected peaks.

Low digital levels are not a problem unless they are super-low (especially if you are recording at 24-bits) so just keep the levels below clipping and boost/normalize later. Pros often record around -12 to -18dB.

I don't have the same hardware and I don't know what that means...
Yes, you are right, but I see that the level strength displayed by VinylStudio is left-26. If I turn on the output level of the large Phono and the volume of the computer, the premise is that when the CLIP prompt light will not be on , Can improve the volume that can be heard, but if the computer plays music software at the same time, the volume will be super large, so it feels not normal.

Top Bottom