• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Any cheap RCA stereo amp with either volume for each channel or balance knob

reamai

I'm looking for a relatively cheap RCA stereo amp that doesn't measure too badly and that ideally has a balance knob. I'm based in China so a Chinese brand is likely to be cheaper for me. Anyone knows any good one?

I've tried looking but haven't had any luck so far.

I plan to use it for a few months to listen to music on some 16 ohm speakers and later on to use them for 2 aurasound 4 ohms butt kickers.

I'd like to have a balance knob or volume knob for each channel because 1) in my experience cheaper amps with lower quality control often have slight balance issues 2) once I use it with the butt kickers, it'd allow me to reduce the vibration on one side if needed.

Last edited:

staticV3

Master Contributor
Hi @reamai! Welcome to ASR.

From what I can tell, the least expensive new Amp with balance control is the Yamaha A-S201.

None of the usual budget brands like Fosi, SMSL, Topping, Loxjie, Aiyima, etc offer balance control.

Power Pop 23

I'm looking for a relatively cheap CHIFI RCA stereo amp that doesn't measure too badly and that ideally has a balance knob. Anyone knows any good one?

I've tried looking but haven't had any luck so far.

I plan to use it for a few months to listen to music on some 16 ohm speakers and later on to use them for 2 aurasound 4 ohms butt kickers.

I'd like to have a balance knob because 1) in my experience with a lot of CHIFI amps there are often balance issues 2) once I use it with the butt kickers, it'd allow me to reduce the vibration on one side if needed.

The Douk Audio 'H7 Pro' amplifier comes with a Balance control

I am not aware of any measurements of the Douk Audio H7 Pro amplifier

Amir tested a Douk Audio 'H7" amplifier with separate volume controls for the Left and Right channels

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
Welcome @reamai
Please read this post when you get a chance.

AdamG

Enjoy the Music your way…
Forum Donor
I'm looking for a relatively cheap CHIFI RCA stereo amp
Hi reamai,

We know that you don’t mean this in a derogatory manner towards Chinese people. We have a Forum specific Policy to avoid this description. Therefore, we kindly request our Members avoid using this terminology “Chi-fi” as it can have negative connotations for such companies and individuals.

Thank you for your cooperation and understanding in this regard.

OP
R

reamai

From what I can tell, the least expensive new Amp with balance control is the Yamaha A-S201.

Thanks, Ah, that's a bit outside of my budget, plus a bit too big to easily fit where I want to use it.

The Douk Audio 'H7 Pro' amplifier comes with a Balance control
Thanks, I'll check it out.
Actually now that I think about it having dual volume knobs for left and right would be even better. It seems that the old H7 is no longer sold on taobao though but the Suca is. Not sure if it's exactly the same amp or not (EDIT: Checked, it seems to be the same amp).

We know that you don’t mean this in a derogatory manner towards Chinese people.
Apologies, I didn't think that it could be interpreted in a derogatory
manner. I live in China so Chinese brands are easier to source for me and cheaper which is why I used that terminology as a shortcut. I've edited my post to remove that term.
If anything, I've been rather impressed by the Chinese brands I've used, Topping for example measures better than most non Chinese brands while being very well priced.

Last edited:
Top Bottom