• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

A Call For Humor!

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
438146621_10160077718908367_908575954465048559_n.jpg
One early winter day a few years ago (2018), I happened to find myself in Portland, Maine -- riding shotgun with Mrs. H, who was chasing a rare raptor sighting there.
I was amused by some of the signage in the urban park whereupon we did, in fact, find the rascally raptor.

I wasn't quite sure what it was that they didn't want me to do... but it was pretty darned clear that they were serious about it. ;)

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
I am probably not the only person who still uses a Yahoo or AOL ;) account for junk email (catalog subscriptions, that sort of thing). I do check it once in a while, just in case some actual email ends up there. Yahoo, of course, keeps me absolutely up to date in what's going on in the world -- such as this "breaking news update" I just received this morning. Thank goodness for modern media, eh? :cool:
1715266383356.png

jkasch

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Curtis & Leroy bought a mule for $100. The farmer agreed to deliver the mule the next day. The next morning the farmer drove up and said, "Sorry, fellows, I have some bad news, the mule died last night."

Curtis & Leroy replied,"Well, then just give us our money back." The farmer said,"Can't do that. I went and spent it already." They said, "OK then, just bring us the dead mule." The farmer asked, "What in the world ya'll gonna do with a dead mule?" Curtis said, "We gonna raffle him off."

The farmer said, "You can't raffle off a dead mule!" Leroy said, "We shore can! We don't hafta tell nobody he's dead!" A couple of weeks later, the farmer ran into Curtis & Leroy at the Piggly Wiggly grocery store and asked. "What'd you fellers ever do with that dead mule?"

They said,"We raffled him off like we said we wuz gonna do." Leroy said,"We sold 500 tickets fer two dollars apiece and made a profit of $898." The farmer said, "Didn't anyone complain?" Curtis said, "Well, the feller who won got upset. So we gave him his two dollars back."

Salt

Forum Donor
Lottery .... ASR gives some solutions to not do this by choosing new equipment.
Right?.
Back on topic:

xray

Imagine how confusing family get togethers would be if Bill and his son Stephan had children. Stephan's half siblings would also be his wife's grandchildren. Bill's grandchildren would be his ex-wife's half siblings. The children would be each other's aunts/uncles and nieces/nephews at the same time? My head hurts thinking about it.

The family tree would look like an Escher drawing.

Last edited:

Canuck57

Forum Donor
1715384137737.png

Top Bottom