Search results

1. R

Mark Knopfler – One Deep River – First single – Ahead Of The Game : comparison between Hi-Rez 24-192 and Dolby Atmos

"Shadow Boxer" these are all audio tracks only, no actual video(pictures). I do have some downloaded live concert audio but not the same. Mark has no intention of releasing any official video footage of live concerts. His latest album although great quality is just more of the same since...
  2. R

ACTIVE STUDIO MONITOR REPAIR FACILITY

Ask Sweetwater. Any electronic tech should be able to repair.
  3. R

Room Measurement Tutorial for Dummies Part 2

I concur with Sal. There is no one source to get the perfect starter guide. It takes quite some effort/time to master. REW site is the first go to. You tube has some clips but all are not the complete story but worth watching. I personally found the Dutch and Dutch 8c method useful even though...
  4. R

Bandcamp offer 24 bit download - any idea why?

Most new recordings are recorded in 24 bits in studios and down sampled to 16 for sale. Why not sell them at 24. I would always buy 24 when offered. Its widely used professionally.
  5. R

Sigberg Audio Manta (12" wideband cardioid active speakers) development thread

Unfortunately none of these speakers are in New Zealand. What are the Roland M3's? I currently have UK Unity Audio, Boulder MKI monitors. These have served me well, bought them unheard on the strength of Pro online reviews some years back now. Have you heard them? Robert
  6. R

Sigberg Audio Manta (12" wideband cardioid active speakers) development thread

Keith, Would you rate them number one in your stable of speaker choices at that price level currently?
  7. R

Mark Knopfler – One Deep River – First single – Ahead Of The Game : comparison between Hi-Rez 24-192 and Dolby Atmos

Mark has not released any live videos of his concerts since All the Roadrunning tour 2006. I emailed him after the Tracker tour and was told Mark has no plans to release any live videos. All you can watch is hand held mobile phone recordings on You Tube although pictures ok some in 4k, the audio...
  8. R

Have to say this new single is just more of the same going back to Privateering which was great. Mark needs to hang up his guitar. He’s had his day. Shame he won’t release any concerts since with Emmylou Harris some years back. He refuses to release any live material. You tube second rate is all...
  9. R

Minidsp Flex Review (Audio DSP)

I got this reply from minidsp support back in January. "At this stage, it's not back in the line as we were just taking a bit of a breather to make sure the major modifications done in the previous build worked. We indeed still plan to introduce back the ASRC fix we had sometime in the coming...
  10. R

Keith_W DSP system

Well yes, but have to say I use DSP with the minidsp flex and don't regret a minute. Interesting you dropped HQ player. I think convenience and integration is overtaking these somewhat complex audio programs. I use Xxhighend which also has high PC needs and somewhat clunky. I still feel...
  11. R

Keith_W DSP system

Keith W you indeed are a rare HiFi follower and becoming rarer by the day not unlike steam train enthusiasts. Great to see what you have done. It is a hobby after all whether you enjoy the equipment or the music or both. I'm half technophobe half music lover and always enjoy probing the old...
  12. R

Hi I just checked mine(Flex balanced) on the top and its 29C with ambient air temperature inside room at 24C at midday and midsummer in New Zealand. It did seem to run hot when I first received it but has settled at this temp. I run all balanced connections to 2 subs and monitors. I do have a...
  13. R

Interesting I'm also not sure and never got a reply from minidsp about reinstating ASCR gain at update Rev 1.1.14. I personally never had any problems when they did move the gain and in fact felt it sounded slightly better(1.1.11). Update 1.1.11 appeared to cause problems with some older other...
  14. R

I believe this issue was solved with this update from minidsp web site: 18/09/2023 - Rev 1.1.11 18/9/2023, 1:00:56 pm DSP Firmware - [All Models] Volume control moved before ASRC in DSP chain to help against potential distortion caused by intersample peak.
  15. R

Run minidsp at 0 db volume. Thats what I do and control volume from preamp. Its worked for me the same as your drawn circuit.
  16. R

Not sure on Flex 8 but my Flex has always had Filter Types on PEQ page: Low/High shelf on right hand side in separate box along from frequency settings at bottom.
  17. R

New software update available now Device Console V 1.1.16. Updated my balanced Flex all good and operational. Robert
  18. R

Some customers on Minidsp site had reported issues on specific devices not the Flex though in general. These issues should be resolved now in latest version 1.1.14. Where minidsp reports in link below...
  19. R

I guess ant you will need Amir to put this on the test bench before trying. Bearing in mind we will not make a call on what it sounds like if anything like this makes a difference.
  20. R

I updated my minidsp flex balanced and all works great out of the box. It is slightly faster moving between Preset settings and connecting to PC console. No PEQ settings were changed or Presets in this process. It is two separate update processes which I conducted one after the other. The flex...
Top Bottom