Search results for query: waters

1. R

Audio Note speakers

According to Consumer reports 7 of the top 10 most reliable cars are Toyota - in first place the Toyota 4Runner, second place Toyota Camry Hybrd, third place Toyota Camry Gas engine. I never said anything about "being fun to drive." If you want fun AND reliable get a Miata (Miata is always the...
  2. Count Dacula

What is the point of upsampling?

That's what I am saying. Even though they are two completely different approaches and domains, the data process flows in a similar manner. Of course people here understand the differences. My examples are both AC electronic schemes that accomplish a similar task, quite distinct from the physical...
  3. Oddball

What is your favorite house curve

I think that the favorite house curve is a mater of taste. Like having coffee black or with stuff, spiced up meals or not, wine vs. beer or water, truck vs. corvette, etc... I don't see a reason why one would not want to spice it up according to their taste if that ultimately enhances their...
  4. voodooless

What is the point of upsampling?

Many things use filters. If you make coffee, the water goes through a filter as well, that doesn’t make it a reconstruction filter ;) yes, RIAA “reconstructs” the original waveform, but it’s simply an equalization filter. It’s a completely different concept.
  5. G

Fosi v3 Mono - User Impressions | Owner's Thread

Perhaps weld a small pipe to the underside of the chassis (underneath the chip) and run cold water through it?
  6. sigbergaudio

Sigberg Audio Inkognito Generation 2

Sure, and one can put other things than flowers on it too I guess. And I don't necessarily actively recommend that people put things on their subs, it's just to show that with the Inkognito it's possible to get good quality bass in a way that doesn't have to stand out in the living room.
  7. ryanosaur

A Call For Humor!

Nope. Cat is god. Period. :p
  8. C

A Call For Humor!

If you pet a dog, feed a dog and give a dog water, he will think you are God. If you pet a cat, feed a cat and give a cat water, he will think he is God.
  9. D

Sigberg Audio Inkognito Generation 2

Also, I'd limit myself to artificial flowers, watering accidents can happen...(!)
  10. I

Snake Oil Department, Top This

Uhmmm not all metal, but silly question... If you live in a condo... in Chicago for example... You may have water pipes for fire extinguishers that are metal. Then the walls use metal studs vs wood. (Not sure how conductive they are... ) Then of course your in wall wiring is in conduit...
  11. tmtomh

Serious Question: How can DAC's have a SOUND SIGNATURE if they measure as transparent? Are that many confused?

Appreciate the detailed reply and civil tone, but I'm sorry, this is ridiculous: if you are familiar with and respect scientific principles then you know that a confidence level of 1.0 is not possible, aspired to, or necessary - and you also know that your own subjective, uncontrolled listening...
  12. J

GoldenSounds passes apparently ABX test for DACs (NOT Really)

From a biological perspective, at the edge of any particular hearing threshold one is likely to find quite a high number of metabolically damaged (malfunctioning but not clinically "dead") groups of hair cells within the cochlea. Various types of damage can indeed contribute to perceptible...
  13. Brian Hall

Serious Question: How can DAC's have a SOUND SIGNATURE if they measure as transparent? Are that many confused?

The question is if he would be honest about getting burned or if he would insist on how great the water made his finger feel.
  14. S

Jim, Sorry, not a troll. I have been a lurker for five years. My screen name is as a result of my admiration for Richard Feynman whom I considered to be the best physicist of the 20th century. As an engineer of long standing I was trained on scientific principles and statistical evidence...
  15. Jim Taylor

I love analogies, but admittedly many of mine are flawed. I am a little too enthusiastic about using them, and feel pressured to get them into a post quickly. What can I say? I'm not perfect. However, your analogy is equally flawed, if not more so. The tools that we use are known scientific...
  16. S

Interesting but flawed analogy. A more accurate one would be sometimes the water is hot and sometimes it's cold (each Dac is different) but you don't know in advance which it is. Our friend (me) takes a very small admittedly imperfect sample of the water and says it's cold. The observers say...
  17. Jim Taylor

I understand how you feel. Let's say I came upon a pot of hot water. I want to know how hot it is. I put in your finger, and it was severely scalded. The person to my right put in their finger, and it was severely scalded. The person to my left did the same, and the result was the same. Now...
  18. carbidetooth

Faceplates for Buckeye Amps

Sprayed matte conversion varnish on and mounted to amp. The Buckeye amp top cover extends a bit past the front of case, so I spaced the faceplate off by washer thickness and covered the resulting gap with thin foam tape. If I do again, I would change the way I passed the On LED through new...
  19. Ken Tajalli

GoldenSounds passes apparently ABX test for DACs (NOT Really)

OK. I accept that there are "tells" , perhaps plural. A Tell states, that there are differences. How else can one Tell them apart. However, Cameron (thanx @solderdude ) muddied the water by stating that in a quick fire, he can detect supersonics. And now, some are not even looking for other...
Top Bottom