Search results

1. N

Non-Raspberry Pi SBCs for Streaming + CamillaDSP

Are you using it as USB gadget audio also? If so, what are the steps to do that? There are many good guides on how to use gadget audio mode with Rasperry Pi4, even here in this forum, but I could not find anything understandable for Rock Pi S. I would dream of using the Rock Pi S with...
  2. N

Using a Raspberry Pi as equaliser in between an USB source (iPad) and USB DAC

Can you share your notes? How can I activate usb gadget audio in the Rock Pi S and define also parameters? I would espect something similar to instructions for the PI 4: Make the Pi function as an USB audio gadget Add the line dtoverlay=dwc2 to /boot/config.txt. Add two lines to /etc/modules...
  3. N

Volumio Integro - A new fully featured Amp

Does the USB audio input support music from a smartphone? Example: iPhone streaming Apple Music Lossless Audio by a USB cable (instead of Airplay). Does the Optical & Coaxial Input support digital audio coming from TVs (LG)? In such a case, does the plug-in for parametric equalization also...
  4. N

Topping DX7 Pro DAC and Headphone Amp Reviewed

It does not help at all, I confirm the same problem with the sync or async setting. And even worse, also my Topping DX3 Pro has the same problem with LG TV Toslink :-(
  5. N

Budget Standalone "Toslink > DSP > Toslink" with Camilladsp. Set up instructions for newbies.

My USB is not occupied. Would it be possible to use Hifiberry digi+ I/O hat using only the spdif input and sent to my DAC via raspberry USB (ideally with MoodeAudio)?
  6. N

MEIZU Hifi Pro USB-C Phone Dongle DAC Review

Ok, tested on iPhone 6s and iPad Pro with official lighting camera usb dongle and it works! Volume can be controlled with device buttons or in the apps (whatever app).
  7. N

Review and Measurements of E1DA 9038S BAL Portable DAC & Amp

I experienced that on Windows 10. I had to go to the audio settings and select 24bits and 96khz for the DAC (it was on 16bit and 44khz).
  8. N

MEIZU Hifi Pro USB-C Phone Dongle DAC Review

Hi, does anyone tested the Meizu pro on iPhone (iOS in general)? Does volume control work in all apps? And what about Android UAPP? Guess hardware volume works (with bit perfect selected)?
  9. N

Tested with Lubuntu and it works, so I guess it will work with any Ubuntu based distros. Tested with Volumio on a Raspberry PI and it works very well: you need to select the DAC in the settings and also chose software volume control. With Volumio you can listen to your own music from a usb pen...
  10. N

IQaudio Pi-DAC Pro Streamer DAC

Oh a pity for no measurements (yet?) of the headphone out, very curious about that.
  11. N

Anyone knows when the 9038D (unbalanced output) will be available and expected to be sold?
  12. N

Topping DX7 Pro DAC and Headphone Amp Reviewed

Already tested or any chance to test the impedance for the 4.4mm balanced output? I would expect it better than the 1/4 unbalanced output.
  13. N

Review and Measurements of WesionTEK Khadas Tone Board DAC

Sorry for the stupid question, but if I use an RCA (L+R) adapter to 6.35mm jack female with the Tone Board, can I plug my 150ohm headphones directly to that and listen to music? Or always better to have a dedicated headphones amplifier like a JDS Atom?
  14. N

Review and Measurements of Topping DX3Pro DAC and Headphone Amp

thank you for the detailed explanation, I understand that, but when electrical signal is converted to optical it might change bits depth and frequency (most likely lowering both). For example, when I see the specs of the Onkyo 9010 amplifier, I can read clearly the following: Coaxial Supports...
  15. N

I know that coaxial is a digital electrical signal and toslink is an optical digital signal, and that they are different connectors. What I am asking is the bits and the frequency.
  16. N

The DX3 pro has 2 x coaxial and 1 x toslink optical audio inputs. If I read the specs, I understand that coaxial inputs support signals up to 24bits 192kHz, but I cannot be sure that also toslink input supports the same. It looks like toslink supports only max 16bits 44.1kHz. Am I wrong? Thanks
  17. N

Which DAC measurements do you like to see next?

It would be nice to have measurements for iQaudio PIDAC-PRO (TI PCM5242) Thanks.
Top Bottom