Search results

1. Z

TRUTHEAR x Crinacle Zero IEM Review

I got mine today. Stupid packaging aside, I love the sound. I guess I'm an average Harman curve kind of person.
  2. Z

Topping L30 II Review (Headphone Amp)

Thank you. I think the JDS labs was 0.5 amp. I ordered the one from schiit. Hopefully it fits.
  3. Z

Topping L30 II Review (Headphone Amp)

I have been having an ordeal getting to enjoy mine. I ordered shortly after seeing this review from topping. Somehow the order defaulted to EU spec. They sent me a replacement power supply, unfortunately, that one while coming with the correct plug is rated for 220v. I have since ordered one...
  4. Z

Wharfedale Diamond 220 Budget Speaker Review

Not a trained listener or expert in any way but I have the 230 (had them for several years) and like them a lot. Keep in mind that they do dip to 3 point something ohms in lower frequencies and with most modern receivers I tried, including the NAD 316bee I didn't get much low end and had to use...
  5. Z

Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Review (Speaker)

This the second bookshelf wharfedale that seems to confirm their reputation for making good affordable speakers. Any wharfedale tower speakers in the pipeline?
  6. Z

Polk Monitor 40 Series II Review (Speaker)

Going to try to make this make sense :). In my more budgeted days, the consideration to spend money on something nonessential was always framed in ranges. Basically, $200 for speakers would have been in the same range as $350 as far as anxiety and the mental justifications required. I don't know...
  7. Z

Sony MDR-7506 Review (Headphone)

Some completely subjective observations: I used these for beginner level video editing, seemed useful when trying to match subtle sounds to frames. For music, they always sounded better plugged into the crappy built in headphone outs on various components as apposed to dedicated headphone amps...
  8. Z

Speaker clipping or rattling but not straightforward

I have speakers with an active crossover. The drivers are crossed at 80hz to 1500hz. I run multiple source: TT, cassette, CD, MD, and google audio chromacast into a dac into aux and a firestick in a second aux input. I'm getting a rattle in my left driver at certain frequencies but only when...
  9. Z

+4dbu or -10dbV

Hi again, So I got the TA-N55es things are working much better now. Have not had the time to do the suggested mods. While I figure that out I was curious if you would have an explanation for the #3 and whether it's harmful to my system: 1. RCA wire from pre out to dbx xlr in (with adapters), dbx...
  10. Z

Wharfedale Diamond 220 Budget Speaker Review

Is there a way to assign some type of scale(s) to the conclusions of speaker tests? Or even a panther chart with a $-$$$$ indicator (since actual prices vary) so one knows what reviews to revisit when deciding on a speaker purchase? If I had missed this review and then went to the preference...
  11. Z

Linn Majik DS-1 Streamer & Amplifier Review

Big fan of active tonearms, Sony biotracers and Denon equivalent. I have PS-X75 and PS-X600 and they're the best sounding turntables that I've had. They deserve nice carts but will make any cart sound better than you think it would.
  12. Z

+4dbu or -10dbV

I plan on switching the TA-N110 with a TA-N55ES in the near future. Would you still recommend adding the resistors to the horns? Also, is unity gain for the Denon around the 11 o'clock? Thanks again,
  13. Z

+4dbu or -10dbV

Hiss is audible if you're standing next to the horn with no audio playing. As I mentioned before this beyond my knowledge level so while I will be able to follow your suggestions it doesn't mean I actually understand a lot of it. And from that shallow well comes this question: why wouldn't just...
  14. Z

+4dbu or -10dbV

Sorry, yes you're right, when cracking it up I think it will occasionally hit 15 but at normal levels it's just the signal light.
  15. Z

+4dbu or -10dbV

Thank you for such a through response. I never setup the gain on the dbx (pg 19-20) so i don't know if that plays a role but I don't even hit the 20 db, just the signal lights come on and off. I used to get some ground hum with the Parasound but switching the wiring around took care of that...
  16. Z

+4dbu or -10dbV

Solved horn pop, I had the xlr ground on the dbx lifted, I re-engaged it and no more horn pop.
  17. Z

+4dbu or -10dbV

Thank you for this. I will start by saying that reading your response makes me realize that perhaps I'm trying to do much more than my actual knowledge and understanding would allow. Here is the system breakdown: Speakers: 1. Altec Lansing Model 14 modified to bypass the internal crossover...
  18. Z

+4dbu or -10dbV

I'm a relative newbie so bare with me. I have not noticed any clipping. I observed two things since moving from RCA to XLR. 1. With RCA at lower volumes especially when watching TV sometimes one of the horns would stop working, with the XLRs it is no longer a problem. I'm guessing the issue was...
Top Bottom