Search results

1. scruffy1

Did You Buy Based On Amir's Review?

i have the ess based e70, and if you look at amir's review of this version you will see clearly that the hump is non-existent in their build using that chip whereas for the velvet: onoz! hump! my best guess is they both sound superb, and fwiw, even the good ol' khadas tone board (now...
  2. scruffy1

Maybe Amir should review movie theaters

late to this thread, but apart from tarantino's fetish for anachronistic music tracks like some timewarped mtv experience, he just has to embellish his movies with a whole lot of "side missions" to the story that add little to the plot, but a whole lot to the total length which i think detracts...
  3. scruffy1

Did You Buy Based On Amir's Review?

thread resurrection topping e70, which has been great and confirmed that all the good news i had heard about the khadas tone board was based on solid engineering (because i already loved listening to it when i replaced a high end sound card in my pc.... wow !)
  4. scruffy1

Topping E70 Stereo DAC Review

i presume that's by plugging them in? because if you know how to do that with bluetooth, that would be a secret to share please there's a button on the remote if you need the tactile feedback ;)
  5. scruffy1

thanks for that reply @MRC01 : i know the difference between firmware and drivers, but thanks for your input
  6. scruffy1

ummm... what firmware updates are you suggesting, and do they have any recent versions? this is simply a driver, n'est-ce pas?
  7. scruffy1

What headphone(s) do you own ?

started on ath700 - still the most comfortable headphones ever, and sound lovely moved on to akg q701 - replaced the pads, but the elastic adjust mechanism is fubar... they became my "in bed, gonna fall asleep" phones, so lying down the problem solves itself, sound lovelier than the ath700 got...
  8. scruffy1

Review and Measurements of WesionTEK Khadas Tone Board DAC

the ud130 is happy on both usb settings the 5t i can't comment on for uac drivers, but given the current rom also allows ldac, despite original specs stating Bluetooth 5.0, A2DP, LE, aptX HD i would expect that the ongoing firmware upgrades would have added that aspect long ago maybe i...
  9. scruffy1

my android phone supports otg, but it doesn't do music with the khadas the developer option (on lineage 20 / android 13) is set to default to file transfer for usb, and it works without a hiccup with my stoner acoustics ud130 dac amp perhaps the otg on the oneplus 5t lacks sufficient voltage...
  10. scruffy1

does it have a driver? the khadas won't work natively i think check out the specifications here : it says generic edition : Windows PC Linux PC macOS Raspberry Pi [2] [2] Will also support other Single Board Computers (SBCs). i know it won't work with my android phone, and it seems the...
  11. scruffy1

maybe a project to eviscerate the topping provided one and transplant its entrails in a bespoke machined case ? we all know that will make it work better, just like buying a denafrips will make your music sound better :)
  12. scruffy1

Topping E70: Can't Get Into Set-Up Menu

ooh, i must have played with that and then forgot (curse my deficient and deteriorating memory), because the autodimming is on for the screen thanks for the reminders though
  13. scruffy1

seems i have had nothing but shit ones previously then, as the topping is the best example i have used if you want some major disappointment, you can come and try the nad d3020 remote... and i use the word "try" in the sense that it will be an attempt to have the nad respond to your implied...
  14. scruffy1

Topping E70: Can't Get Into Set-Up Menu

what? there's a set up menu? i just plugged it in and away it went am i missing anything if it "just works out of the box" ?
  15. scruffy1

it's infra-red isn't it? i don't know what miracles of transmission you expect from that sort of frequency, but you are likely going to be as disappointed with anything of that genre
  16. scruffy1

thanks, i'll have to give that a go when i am next intent on sitting and listening for a big session
  17. scruffy1

Denafrips Ares II - is it really worth it?

well, guess i'm at my end game for dacs then the extra features of the e70 (ldac bluetooth, 12v trigger, auto dimming screen) are all winners from my perspective ....and, it sounds better :rolleyes:
  18. scruffy1

i admit to a certain inertia when it comes to undertaking the testing if i am already satisfied; roi for such endeavour will perchance prove i wasted my time shopping for a better dac, and then i wasted more time proving i didn't need to, to no great benefit other than scientific curiosity...
  19. scruffy1

but presumably a more quality power supply can influence performance ? thanks raif71, for suggesting there may be some plausible possibility for hearing a difference if i am no closer to an explanation (apart from bias), does the presence of the famous ess hump in the khadas readings, and its...
  20. scruffy1

as i am quizzing elsewhere, would a better power supply for the dac used bias the quality, as i understand that transient peaks may be compromised if there isn't enough "reserve" does that even apply to dacs?
Top Bottom