Search results

1. T

JL Audio HD900/5 Review (Car Amplifier)

Here's the guts: @amirm - maybe this is a dumb question, but is there any benefit to running a test with all channels driven at the same time? I'm curious if there is any performance dependency when it's all tested together. Perhaps its performance does not equal the sum of its parts.
  2. T

KOSS PRO 4AA Review (Headphone)

Maybe these are great pads, they just need 700 hours of break-in! :-D
  3. T

KOSS PRO 4AA Review (Headphone)

I sent these in - thanks Amir! The pair I sent in to KOSS were definitely vintage and I was hoping for a repair but instead they replaced with the newer model. The vintage pair wasn’t as stiff and had better pads than these. But I got what I got and I thought it was remarkable that they sent...
  4. T

Gustard X16 Balanced MQA DAC Review

Awesome performance. The first manufacturer to incorporate this level of performance with being Roon Ready/Roon Tested at this price point is going to endgame the DAC debate. Hope we get it soon!
  5. T

Canon S-50 Wide Directivity Speaker Review

@amirm it would seem from the listening test that you likely had buzzing in the speaker from the helmet during the Klippel test, which seems like it would destroy any reliability of the measurements. Are you sure the helmet was stable during the testing?
  6. T

Vantec USB Audio Adapter (NBA-120U) Review

Am I missing something? Does this $10 piece of shit actually perform better than the $99 Schiit Modi 1? I can’t figure out if we’ve really progressed that much in 5 years or if the Modi 1 engineering is just really THAT bad.
  7. T

Schiit Modi 1 USB DAC Review

Here’s the original info for anyone that’s interested: https://web.archive.org/web/20130911230325/http://schiit.com/products/modi
  8. T

Micromega MyDAC DAC Review

I just sent Amir a Schiit Modi 1 for this very reason. It’s interesting to see the history of where some vendors have started and gone to. Also, I’d personally be interested in some vintage gear to see what a subset of people claim “things used to be better” like old (70’s-80s) PS...
  9. T

Geshelli Archel2 Headphone AMP Review: another champ?

Could we possibly slip a Khadas in that case.... looks like there’s a slot for it..... :)
Top Bottom