Search results

1. J

Neurochrome HP-LOAD Review (Headphone Dummy Load)

that box is beautiful. amazing piece of craftmanship!
  2. J

ZMF Atticus Review (Headphone)

Money, maybe. But time? No way. You learned a lot throughout the process about what you like and what is out there. That's priceless IMO.
  3. J

Massdrop x Meze 99 Noir Review (Headphone)

These are actually my Noirs (you can even see my Modmic base attached to the left can) and I also own Verite Open, HD650, and a few highly-regarded IEMs. I definitely appreciate and love the neutrality and technicality of my more "reference" cans. However, I think the 99s represent a great...
  4. J

Morrow SP3 Review (Speaker Cable)

Yeah, that's a fair assumption. God bless you for wasting money to bring us all joy!
  5. J

Morrow SP3 Review (Speaker Cable)

You know for an "audio company", their YouTube videos sound like garbage. Terrible mixing, tons of white noise. Maybe they used generic cables for the mixing/recording? :)
  6. J

Looks like Drop might be 'dropping' a HD800

Why is everyone parroting the same nonsense about warranties? You get the same warranty with this that you do with other Senn products. 2 year warranty from Sennheiser, not Drop. It says right there on the product page.
  7. J

Topping D30Pro Review (Balanced DAC)

honestly I wouldn't sweat it at all. Very few ums and filler words. Didn't detract from the video at all. Lean towards more output as opposed to editing out perfectly-normal speech patterns. It'll be better for your channel in the long run (and I'm kind of an expert here). Only things I...
  8. J

Topping D30Pro Review (Balanced DAC)

I would have been disappointed if the sound levels of Amir's first video weren't mentioned in an audiophile forum. :)
  9. J

What is the best quality/price headphones for 1500€ max ?

Hold out a little longer on the Verite as Amir is going to drop a review of them soon. Won't change my opinion, but would be good to see and consider!
  10. J

Sorry, that was confusing. I probably wouldn't notice a big diff (other than normal dynamic vs. planar stuff) between the 2C and ZMF cans. That is excepting the Verite which is my favorite headphone. Def have noticed a difference there (love the Verite). However, all of this is WELL PAST...
  11. J

I've owned the LCD-2C. Don't think there is much difference post-EQ to be honest. The size of the LCD-2C made me sell it. Couldn't lay back in my chair.
  12. J

Poll: Do you like Harman's target curve for headphones bass response?

I'm one of those weirdos who often enjoys more bass than Harman. Kinda depends on the song and the quality of the amp/cans, though. I think Harman is just another data point to consider when you explore EQ on your own.
  13. J

Help and ideas for ASR Merchandize

i think slogans are generally short-lived and not something I want to wear. anything with a logo and a simple ASR would be nice. someone said just put "SINAD" on it and i like that too. something simple that isn't a sentence or a joke is cool. products: tshirts hats headphone stands? speaker...
  14. J

Agreed. While my Verites are the best headphones I've had or tried, the difference between them and my 6xx is definitely not $2000 of a difference. Good to keep perspective on the ridiculousness of this hobby.
  15. J

if you're worried about diminishing returns, then 1500 is way too much. Just buy a 400-600 set from Dan Clark or Audeze or Beyer and be done with it. However, if you do go for 1500, I'm a big fan of ZMF. you could score a Auteur/Eikon for that.
  16. J

Harman preference curve for headphones - am I the only one that doesn't like this curve?

I usually EQ to the Harman curve and play around from there, saving the things I changed (and liked) to different Peace profiles. Then I'll go and listen to each of those and delete the ones I don't like as much. Usually end up with 3-4 profiles for each headphone. Will swap between profiles...
  17. J

What headphones would you like Amir to measure next?

Zach would have the real answer, but everything I've seen points to the Open being more popular (or at least seen more frequently in enthusiasts circles like reddit and head-fi).
  18. J

What headphones would you like Amir to measure next?

ZMF Verite Open Meze 99 Noir (or classic)
Top Bottom