Search results

1. MediumRare

AIYIMA A07 TPA3255 Review (Amplifier)

Can you explain what SDA means and briefly what the circuit does electronically and qualitatively?
  2. MediumRare

Revel M105 Bookshelf Speaker Review

Yes, there would be a big difference upgrading to either the M105s or the M106s. Your choice between the two of those in my opinion is based on the size of your room and how close you will be to the speakers. The 105s are also quite a bit smaller, but there is only a few hertz difference in the...
  3. MediumRare

Review and Measurements of Musical Fidelity V90 DAC

I have one for sale, in-box, in mint condition: https://www.audiogon.com/listings/lisb9650-musical-fidelity-v90-dac-da-converters
  4. MediumRare

[SOLD] F/S: Musical Fidelity V90 DAC (Silver). Free Shipping (48 CONUS)

I have one for sale in mint condition, in-box https://www.audiogon.com/listings/lisb9650-musical-fidelity-v90-dac-da-converters
  5. MediumRare

Sold!!!: Musical Fidelity V90-DAC

I have one for sale: https://www.audiogon.com/listings/lisb9650-musical-fidelity-v90-dac-da-converters
  6. MediumRare

Revel M106 Bookshelf Speaker Review

No, it should sound fabulous with the exception of sub-bass (below 50 Hz) for which you'd need a sub - same for virtually any bookshelf speaker. The M105, despite its slightly smaller woofer, is virtually indistinguishable, audibly, especially in nearfield.
  7. MediumRare

Revel M106 Bookshelf Speaker Review

For nearfield I think the Revel M105 or Ascend Sierra will probably sound the same for you and cost significantly less. They’ll also take up less desk space.
  8. MediumRare

Circuit breaker - which to choose

Some people refuse to accept sensible advice, especially when it’s the easiest option.
  9. MediumRare

Circuit breaker - which to choose

Let’s simplify: there is no possibility that a single amplifier can pull 15A on any curve upon startup unless it is faulty. Even with several components on one circuit (as they should be). Next, it’s highly unlikely you need a separate circuit unless you have an old or very large electric motor...
  10. MediumRare

Mytek Brooklyn Bridge II Streamer Review

To be fair, I had not bothered to read it. I am not expressing any conclusions about whether the assignment of blame for "WiFi hash" and hum through unbalanced outputs is scientific or not, but for you all to consider, here are the relevant passages, my emphasis added. "Downstairs, with my...
  11. MediumRare

I don’t presume to say there’s an inherent fault in X when I don’t know what the problem is or if/how it can be resolved.
  12. MediumRare

I’ve heard noises like that too coming from trackpads or other computer leakage. But the overarching point is we don’t accept subjective listening as reliable unless it is properly controlled. And Stereophile listening is NEVER properly controlled. We here on ASR ridicule folks who say "I heard...
  13. MediumRare

Now we are quoting Stereophile unscientific listening tests and "WiFi hash"? Seriously? Amir, please.
  14. MediumRare

Again, Amir, you’re reiterating why it’s not a good value and why someone shouldn’t purchase it. I agree completely. But you haven’t addressed the point that if someone streams Redbook to this, it comes out audibly transparent on the other end. It sounds the same as any other DAC. It’s not...
  15. MediumRare

I get that you’re outraged they’re not responsive. If I’d spent $5k I’d be mighty salty. But the fact remains 98 SINAD and 17 bits of linearity and 100+ dynamic range and a clean multitone mean 99% of people will not hear the slow roll-off filter through any possible speakers. Right? Did they...
  16. MediumRare

Y’all have lost your minds when SINAD of 98 is "broken". It’s audibly transparent. Of course it’s not worth its price, but that should be an asterisk independent of the technical review.
  17. MediumRare

Message to golden-eared audiophiles posting at ASR for the first time...

Your math is correct. Amir’s standard is to quote the +/- figure ie 50 degrees. The use of 100 degrees without explanation is therefore confusing, at least on ASR.
  18. MediumRare

Message to golden-eared audiophiles posting at ASR for the first time...

KH 150 - narrow dispersion of 50 deg or less.
  19. MediumRare

FAQ Questions on Audio/ASR

Why do you like some speakers more after listening than their spinorama would suggest? What factors are not captured by a spinorama? (e.g. bookshelf v tower)? How can amplifier size change the sound quality for a given set of speakers? Why should we believe Toole's research and, eveb so, why do...
  20. MediumRare

Wild places, post em if you got em...

Anton, are you also the photographer, Mike Manzone?
Top Bottom