Search results

1. F

Please Help my Friend Needs a Noise Canceling Audiophile Headphones to Cancel the "Nasty Hindu Music"

Tell your friend to get his best single malt, couple of tumblers and join the dance. The game he's playin' he'll lose anyway.
  2. F

So this thing costs 43k....

It must be handmade and platinum plated hammers and screwdrivers were used by 100 years old blind virgins to create this marvel. It is the only explanation.
  3. F

A Call For Humor!

That's obviously to block lateral stray cosmic particles, without filtering light. Lateral cosmic particles can change the spin of the stylus molecules and introduce analog jitter. Mine are aluminum foil and they work!
  4. F

SMSL SU-8 Version 2 Balanced DAC

I purchased one. And photons bounce off so well from it.
  5. F

How can bogus claims and inferior audio thrive in a competitive market?

I think people make the choices they do with the best of their knowledge and with what is available to them. Not sure all of them do this to improve their listening experience, but I hope many do. Personally, I built a lot of my stuff myself and decided not to look around to compare so i can...
  6. F

Thank you. I clearly did not provide a good example regarding my friend's perspective on music. I must add that I envy your experience with this Tuvan throat singer!
  7. F

I totally agree it is a hobby. Based on the OP, I think a lot is at stake here, considering market influences that are not helping customers and amateurs and hobbyists to make potentially optimal choices in acquiring the instruments to enjoy music. I mean, I made a choice to subscribe to this...
  8. F

I understand. But the argument you use comparing Bible and facts is clearly Western-based. I would suggest even the type of facts chosen will differ at some points. What I was referring to cultural references is based on a personnal experience. I used to live in the Arctic, and a friend of...
  9. F

This is an interesting thread. However, I am not clear on how all of this is a "problem" unless someone decides subjectively what are acceptable standards. All biases are described as "problems" and yet no one seems to accept this is plain human nature. Every Church has its followers, and all...
  10. F

Massdrop Airist R2R DAC Review

Or rationalize subjective preference.
  11. F

I purchased the SU-8, paired with that THX thingy and HD6XX and I love what I hear, whether the source is a CD player (Nakamichi MB-10), the Blu-Ray player or else. I haven't tried the Beyerdynamics Tesla yet, but I should in the next few days. I was concerned that DAC (which is an "upgrade"...
  12. F

Interesting. I bought mine from amazon.ca, and it was delivered from UK with a European power cord, which is fitted with a 13A fuse.
  13. F

What do you think about Klipsch and other high efficiency speakers?

I think this is all about mix'n'match. I used to have recommended systems such as Tannoy's Mercury MkI with a Toshiba amp, Rotel amp and Dynaudio 2-ways, Quad 77 and Totem model one signature and none satisfied me enough. I went the DIY route and built Fostex Full Range (based on 206 ES-R) at 98...
  14. F

ASR == Anti-Science Review

Subjective opinions cannot be verified. Also, as they cannot be falsifiable, they cannot be tested.
  15. F

Review and Measurements of Sabaj D5 DAC & Amp

That is the kind of feedback I really don't like about a new product. This is the type of comment that leads me to look elsewhere. Hopefully, yours will get fixed soon. Talk about a downer.
  16. F

Review and Measurements of Sabaj D5 DAC & Amp

Hi, So there has been a few months for some of you with this machine. Any words of wisdom to share? I mean, any concern regarding durability, performance loss since purchase? I am considering the Sabaj but also the SMSL SU-8. I already own a THX 789 AAA and a Grace SDAC with balanced connectors...
  17. F

Are you a headphone or speaker user?

New to the forum; first post. I use both equally, mostly because my floor is thin and my downstair neighbours can revenge with her bad hifi. Landlord lives in the same building (quadruplex) so I have to behave. That said, most of my gear is diy/kits, so I have to use it. Grateful for this...
Top Bottom