Search results

1. T

Theoretical soures of amplifier distortion

It seems when measuring distortion in audio circuits we look for four possible types of distortion: Harmonic distortion - unwanted components are multiples of each tone in the signal Intermodulation distortion - unwanted components are multiples of the difference between each pair of tones in...
  2. T

Resampling artifacts

Is there a test file that is specifically designed to reveal resampling artifacts? I want to know if my Android phone resampling from 44.1 kHz to 48 kHz is added any distortion or not.
  3. T

Does bass really require more power?

Look at pretty much any review where someone upgraded their amplifier, for speakers or headphones, and the number one first thing they will always say is, "there's more bass now." Does such a universal concept have any technical basis? When you reach the power limit of an amplifier, is the bass...
  4. T

Is there anyway to get Atmos and Dirac with a decent DAC and amp?

Having seen how poorly most AVR products perform, it seem there is a tradeoff in the home theater world. You can either get low THD and noise, or proprietary algorithms like Dolby Atmos and Dirac. There are apparently no products that have both for any amount of money. I'm wondering if anyone...
Top Bottom