Search results

1. S

Any Volumio users out there?

l've been running Volumio 3 X86 for few weeks now, sound quality wise, you need to put same effort in ,as you would a PC. l recommend a NUC, LPS. The biggest gain, is removing your OS drive out of your PC, and powering independently, screen your brake out lead. This was a happy discovery, as l...
  2. S

Otari MX-5050 Review (Reel to Reel Tape Deck)

Love this review, hopefully you can chuck the random bit of classic gear to be tested, Nakamichi, Revox Cassette decks etc. As they say in the UK, a change is as good as a rest
  3. S

Behringer NX3000D Pro DSP Amplifier Review

I used to run the amp flat out, but decided whats the point in driving the amp, just to reduce its input using REQ or in my case MathRoom, it's also kinder on the amp, these amps are built for clubs, you just don't need to drive them that hard
  4. S

I run the inuke 1000 dsp, and use a both methods. l rum math room dsp room correction software first, you can tell my the measurements readout, if your outputing to much bass. l ended up up with dials at 2 o clock. Of course, the nx and inukes can do a lot more, with PEQ ,input levels and other...
  5. S

JCAT Femeto XE Card

Thanks for such an in depth reply. Helps me understand the logic, and l originally suspected this, it kind of makes the purchase of any Jcat card pointless.
  6. S

JCAT Femeto XE Card

It it because the DAC reassembles the data?
  7. S

JCAT Femeto XE Card

Sorry, Can you expand, Yes, as a good or bad product?
  8. S

JCAT Femeto XE Card

May be a dumb question, with most modern DAC having low jitter on USB input these days, is it a waste of money investing in a JCAT card? l used to have a Femto card a few years back, and noticed a improvement, however, once l ditched my ATX psu for a HDPLEX set up, l could no longer detect a...
  9. S

Jcat Femto -XE USB

May be a dumb question, with most modern DAC having low jitter on USB input these days, is it a waste of money investing in a JCAT card? l used to have a Femto card a few years back, and noticed a improvement, however, once l ditched my ATX psu for a HDPLEX set up, l could no longer detect a...
  10. S

Thanks fot the test Amir, i have been running the earier inuke DSP1000 DSP with a Noctura fan mode. l have had to have 2 psu changed on 2 units, failed not even load. Since then they are been great, l use them for my OB set up for LF on crossover, the dsp is great for reducing LF peaks. l...
  11. S

Topping D90 Balanced USB DAC Review

Measurements only go so far, ASR can be a good guide, to a point. The problem is many forum members obsess on technical graphs that are beyond human hearing. Still the audio world has to keep advancing,shame the major labels don't promote on hi res formats, that life.
  12. S

Topping D90 Balanced USB DAC Review

Love to a graphical example of that lol!
  13. S

Why are we here?

Jerry,Jerry,Jerry....lol
  14. S

Why are we here?

l landed on ASR after reading a few reviews. l find the test figures interesting, but l tend to be disappointed by test methods, when products are not tested to full potential. I chuckle when a product gets a bad review, then all the ASR experts wade in. ASR is the best for Gutter Press...
  15. S

ifi Zen DAC and Headphone Amp Review

l was actually raising the same point, but pointing out measurements only go so far, yes they be an can aid ,but for myself, it's what that can be heard, that is more important. I am not having a go at audioscience, more agreeing than disagreeing.
  16. S

I have to agree, it's not all about measurements. And alot of the measurements on audioscience are hinting that one unit is better than another, and thats below human threshold,l understand that audioscience is mainly about measurements.
  17. S

Are you saying there is nothing in the path?
  18. S

That could be a positive, meaning it could respond well to a low noise or battery psu supply
Top Bottom