Search results

1. Roasty

TRUTHEAR x Crinacle Zero IEM Review

hey guys. need some help. can't get a good seal with any of the supplied tips. have tried Comply 500 foamies but they don't fit the nozzle. anyone know which Comply model can fit these iems?
  2. Roasty

Measurements & Preview of Holo Audio Spring 3 DAC / wPreamp (Prototype)

Any idea if the optional pre amp module can be incorporated into the May?
  3. Roasty

Okto 8 Owner’s Thread

Got an email saying my order #321 has shipped. Black with streamer. Delivery coming Wednesday.
  4. Roasty

Abyss AB-1266 Phi TC Review (Headphone)

The Abyss 1266 TC Phi is a really good headphone. I own the susvara, utopia, stellia, verite open, senn hd650, and have owned the empyrean, grado gs3k, HD660s. The abyss is way up there in terms of enjoyment and technical ability. Sure, it looks terrible, unwieldy and cumbersome. The fit does...
  5. Roasty

Okto dac8 stereo DAC Review

After being delayed 4 weeks from the initial 4 to 8 week wait, it has been delayed another 3 weeks. Lol.. Oh well. Anyone else received their units recently?
  6. Roasty

I just got an email that my order will be delayed another 4 weeks or so. Order #325
  7. Roasty

Thanks so much! That was exactly what I needed to know.
  8. Roasty

I just placed an order for a unit with the built in streamer. From Amir's opening post: "Streaming is provided by Raspberry Pi and while it is physically integrated into the unit, requires that you use the jumper to wire up the dac to its USB output. Fortunately you have another USB input so...
  9. Roasty

Ultimate 1ET400A Purifi Amplifier sonic shootout - €820 to €8,344

Can I get some directions? Between the apollon et400a (non mini) and the NAD c298 is there anything that would place them apart? Or is it the case of whichever one I choose should and would do the job?
  10. Roasty

UpTone Audio EtherREGEN Switch Review

Sure man I get where youre coming from. The fact that my wife even bothered to spend a half hour or so doing this with me is something I can celebrate. Sometimes I feel audiophoolery is similar to religion.. Belief is a strong thing.
  11. Roasty

Because I also took it as an opportunity to just spend some time with my wife and give her a little bit of insight into why I spend so much time reading online forums about audio equipment and headphones.
  12. Roasty

No worries man. As mentioned, I never intended to and am not passing it off as a proper test.
  13. Roasty

I knew what I was getting into when I wrote that post. Like I said, anecdotal story. Im aware of the need for properly conducted studies and blinded trials etc I'm in the medical line and have been involved clinical trials. Oh, Amir, when my wife said she doesn't really care, it was with...
  14. Roasty

Recently, i set up a new PC to be a Roon/HQPlayer core. I placed this core PC in one of my rooms, and i'm using a fanless NUC running HQPlayer NAA in the lounge. Out of curiosity, I upsampled music to 1.536M (pcm) and sent it to my Holo Spring 2 dac. There were issues with playback: regular...
  15. Roasty

Supersonic Stabilizer?

I came across this Supersonic Stabilizer on Herbie's Audio Lab and got curious. anyone here using this? or anyone have any comments on such items? https://herbiesaudiolab.com/collections/component-isolation/products/supersonic-stabilizer I have some of their Fat Dots under my speakers and...
  16. Roasty

What headphone(s) do you own ?

Haha that's a smart move.. I went in to the shop just intending to have a casual chit chat, and the guy offered to let me have a quick listen to the 1266 paired with a WA33 amp. I couldn't stop thinking about it after I left.. And the rest is history.
  17. Roasty

Abyss 1266 TC Phi pros - sheer power and technical prowess - best, chest thumping, deep bass - widest soundstage and yet has pinpoint imaging cons - comfort. good fit requires some tweaking with pads and frame adjustment - the best sound comes with having the headphone pads rest as loosely as...
  18. Roasty

Lol.. I use headphones a whole lot more than my speaker setup. I only get the chance to enjoy music after my kids have gone to bed. Plus I don't have any other hobbies.. I figured I might as well. Most of the stuff I use were bought after reading reviews on ASR, for eg a Benchmark...
  19. Roasty

Just took delivery of these the other day. ZMF Verite Closed, leopardwood. And some pics of my other headphones
  20. Roasty

Buchardt S400 or ELAC DBR-62

U should consider the Ascend Acoustics Sierra 2EX as well. Very nice speakers.
Top Bottom